Join our team ! King County’s Business Resource Center (BRC) is seeking two experienced Functional Analysts who have production support and implementation experience. |
These positions will work closely with other functional team members and technical staff to fix and enhance functionality in the EBS system and will participate in various EBS special projects and initiatives crossing multiple EBS modules.
The Functional Analysts are involved in installing, configuring, patching, upgrading, and maintaining Oracle EBS applications. They are also responsible for planning and coordinating the change management of processes required for the support of Oracle applications that support County business operations. In addition, they will map business requirements to standard or custom functionality and partner with the business community to enhance and support Oracle EBS software. They are responsible for system design, configuration, and delivery and support of new solutions.
The ideal candidates will be adaptable, resourceful and able to work under pressure to meet aggressive deadlines with minimal supervision and be effective in the team environment.
King County’s Business Resource Center (BRC) provides technical and functional support for PeopleSoft HCM, Hyperion Budgeting and Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) financials. The BRC Financials team supports the following EBS Modules: General Ledger, iProcurement, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, iExpense, Accounts Receivable, Projects and Grants, Order Management, Cash Management, Fixed Assets and Inventory.
Why Work for King County? King County offers an outstanding benefits package including employer paid medical and dental benefits, 12 paid holidays, paid vacation and paid sick leave, life insurance, transit passes, and much more. Please see the Benefits tab in this recruitment or visit our website to learn about King County’s commitment to employee’s health and well-being: http://www.kingcounty.gov/employees/ .
Additional to note: There is no local or state income tax in Washington State.
Required Materials: King County Application, Resume (must be submitted with application) and responses to the supplemental questions.
For questions about this recruitment contact : Margie Viall at 206-263-1060 or email@example.com
· Primary resource on a variety of tasks focused on support of multiple EBS modules. This includes work troubleshooting and resolving open issues, testing high priority fixes and conducting knowledge-sharing, training-sessions and production labs with module users.
· Provide subject matter expertise to support initiatives on Special Projects within the scope of the EBS team.
· Create and maintain system and operational documentation including business process and procedure documentation. Create and maintain module specific and End-to-End test scripts.
· Provide techno-functional expertise needed by the team to monitor and troubleshoot interfaces.
· Gathering business requirements, updating functional specifications, collaborating with technical resources in multiple agencies, and coordinating testing efforts.
· Provide additional techno-functional support to the reporting team to enhance reporting solutions.
· Provide functional expertise and support to the team developing end user training classes and materials.
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills:
- At least three years functional analyst experience performing production support of Oracle EBS or comparable Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) financial system.
- Experience adding or changing system configurations.
- Experience documenting and implementing system or business process changes to address new business requirements or implement new system functionality.
- Knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Advanced skills with analysis and design including working with stakeholders to understand business requirements, system integration and business process redesign.
- Knowledge and experience with multiple types of testing: unit, regression, integration, end-to-end, performance testing and cut-over preparation testing.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to present concise and articulate analysis in both written and spoken form and experience documenting business processes and writing systems documentation.
- Intermediate-level skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must show experience and qualifications that meet at least the minimum requirements in their King County application and/or attached resume.
- At least two years Oracle EBS R12 production support experience as an Oracle EBS Functional Analyst.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with multiple modules in two of the following business streams: Order to Cash (Order Management, Accounts Receivable, Cash Management), Procure-to-Pay (iProcurement, Inventory, Accounts Payable, iExpense), or Financial Accounting (General Ledger, Project Accounting, Grants, Assets)
- Knowledge and understanding of public sector/government accounting practices.
- Experience in large public sector organizations
- Experience developing Discoverer Reports.
- Adaptable and resourceful, capable of working under pressure to meet aggressive deadlines with limited resources.
- Self-starter; shows strong self-initiative to overcome issues and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Proven interpersonal skills; ability to work productively and professionally and maintain effective working relationships with team members and business users.
Work Schedule: This position is FLSA exempt and is not overtime-eligible. This position normally works a 40-hour workweek, Monday through Friday, however, at times, may be required to work extended and/or flex scheduled work hours to respond to service needs.
Union Membership : This position is not represented.
Recruitment Process: The most competitive applicants will be invited to an in-person interview. A final offer of employment and hire will be contingent on successfully completing a criminal background check and reference check.
King County provides regional services to over 1.9 million residents including more than 340,000 people living in unincorporated areas....