Lead/Senior Chemical Process Engineer
Direct Hire opportunity! Our client is the global leader in providing modular hydrogen plants from conceptual design through fabrication and commissioning. Worldwide, the plants support manufacturing and processes for the food, mining, metals, and chemical and other industries
**Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Visa sponsorship is not available. Travel (approximately 20%) is required
All inquiries will be considered strictly confidential
- Provide quality process designs in the specific area of expertise that result in securing profitable work.
- Assure proper process information is developed, reviewed and made available during execution of the work.
- Preparation and review of process engineering documents will involve not only development by the Process Engineer but also will require participation in the preparation of engineering deliverables owned by others.
- Responsible for Process Engineering work for the assigned Proposal or Project.
- Utilize process design methodologies, system and tools as defined by the Company.
- Develop work practices for the Business Unit Process Engineers
- Lead the assigned design team (personnel development, training, and tools)
- Lead the effort of technology transfer in Process Engineering relevant areas
- Develop / train newly hired Process Engineers
- Train Process Engineers in new practices and methods
- Represent the Business Unit in Process Engineering activities including company initiatives and programs.
- Refine global engineering practices related to our market and client base.
to determine if the process design is competitive
- Provide information throughout the various proposal, engineering and construction phases to the proposal and project teams with regard to all aspects of Process Engineering.
- Provide expertise in the areas of company's technology
- Perform a thorough review of customer's inquiry and/or Request for Process Design information
- Perform process simulations and develop Process Flow Diagrams (PFD's) and Heat and Material Balances
- Perform an Energy analysis of the process design and compare it to previous published designs
determination of the viability of the project.
- Perform Capital, Utility, and Product Value Estimates and then prepare a Project Evaluation to allow
Development team and/or client
- Develop sizing information for Process Equipment (compressors, pumps, heat exchangers, distillation columns, separators, reactors, etc.) and provide information in the form of equipment data sheets
- Prepare material selection designation (diagram) for plant requirements
- Develop innovative ideas and alternatives to be cost competitive with Proposals
- Provide technical expertise to the project execution team
- Assist in developing plant control philosophy
- Calculate plant recoveries and utility requirements. Recommend Guarantee levels
- Support the Account Manager (when requested) in discussion of technical details with the Business
- In cooperation with the Plant Engineer, develop:
- Line Sizes and Definition of Line Sizes
- Hydraulic Calculations:
- Check the critical line routing
- Necessary calculations for thermosiphon reboilers
- Necessary calculations for pump NPSH requirements
- Battery Limit Lists including the line lists, equipment list, and initial instrument list.
- Logic diagrams and cause & effect charts for the facility.
- Design and sizing of safety relief valves.
- Flare system analysis and final reporting including the sizing of the relief valve inlet and outlet line sizing.
- Definition of mechanical design conditions for equipment and piping component.
- Operating Manual and Pre-Commissioning and Commissioning Plans.
- Periodically participate in HAZOP studies.
- Assist in Plant start-up and performance testing, as required.
- Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Five (5) or more years of process engineering experience
- Demonstrate proven skills in the areas: process design and engineering, start-up and performance
Key skills of interest include:
- Experience working with process simulation software
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Graduate level courses or degrees are preferred
Burner Management System Design
Amine based Absorption Design/Operation
Belcan - 11 months ago
Belcan provides engineering, technical recruiting, and staffing services to clients in the aviation, consumer products, and manufacturing in...