GMCR is motivated to achieve success because the more profitable we are, the more good we can do in the world. We create the ultimate beverage experience in every life we touch from tree to cup, transforming the way people do business.
SUMMARY: The Maintenance Technician II is responsible for installation, maintenance and improvement of process equipment using advanced machine repair and metal fabrication skills. Maintenance technicians must be highly quality-conscious, aggressively self-directed, motivated team players, and willing trainers—eager to gain and share new knowledge.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES : There are no supervisory responsibilities in this position.
HOURS: Saturday – Monday Alternating Friday’s 5:30pm to 6:00am
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
OTHER NECESSARY FUNCTIONS:
- Using technical drawings and schematics troubleshoot and repair complex process and facilities equipment (e.g., filter machines, packaging machines, scales, conveyors, roasters, compressors, generators, etc.).
- Use machine tools, welding equipment, and measuring devices to fabricate machine parts.
- Perform various equipment preventive maintenance tasks (i.e., cleaning, inspection, and lubrication) as necessary, but routinely in cases requiring advanced technical expertise and knowledge of safety procedures (e.g., electrical cabinets, machine interiors, etc.).
- Thoroughly document maintenance activity using the maintenance database, adequately communicate maintenance issues to appropriate employees (e.g., other maintenance techs, operators, engineers, supervisors, etc.), and properly utilize the maintenance inventory system.
- Champion process improvement in assigned areas by analyzing equipment maintenance history, identifying significant causes of waste, coordinating with appropriate employees to develop root-cause solutions, and providing maintenance assistance as necessary.
- Provide Preventative Maintenance support for plant and equipment.
- Repair and maintain items necessary to maintain process equipment in “Grade A” condition.
- Maintain safe clean work areas and comply with all safety requirements.
- Assist in day-to-day support of operators, adjustments, setups, and change over
- Assist maintenance technicians as required.
- Participate on improvement teams and coordinate with engineers and vendors on special projects.
- Follows all policies, procedures, ergonomic standards and safety requirements directed by GMCR and the department.
- Performs other duties as requested by management.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Must obtain lockout certification and be able to wear OSHA approved safety gear.
- Advanced mechanical /electrical skills (PLC troubleshooting skills preferred).
- Ability to bend, lift and stretch on a regular basis.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to follow, retain and communicate detailed instructions.
- Ability to follow GMCR policies and procedures.
- Ability to get along with others, follow instructions and support teammates.
- Ability to be punctual.
- Positive attitude with ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong safety, quality and customer orientation.
- Ability to work within a team to reach a common goal.
- Ability to work independently and self-directed.
- Ability to manage time, organize and prioritize work effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed.
- Ability to work around creosote/chaff dust.
- Extensive knowledge of OSHA requirements and industrial workplace practices.
- Experience using e-mail, job databases and spreadsheets.
- Ability to work with cleaning solutions and de-greasers.
We offer a comprehensive and competitive total compensation package, and a collaborative work environment. Green Mountain Coffee is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All offers of employment with GMCR are contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment physical, which includes drug and alcohol screening, as provided by a GMCR selected physician. This examination must be completed prior to the first day of employment. We reserve the right to determine the suitability of an applicant for a position based on an evaluation of all available information, including but not limited to past work performance, applications, resumes, and references.
- Able to work on ladders and lifts at a height above 20ft.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to lift 100 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to frequently kneel, squat, bend and stoop.
- Ability to twist, kneel and reach overhead required.
GMCR is an E-Verify employer.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters - 22 months ago
We believe in using the power of business to make the world a better place. Each step on the long road from tree to cup gives us an...