Quad/Graphics is currently seeking an experienced Press Operator. A Press Operator will be expected to lead the activities of a specific press crew in achieving the plant's goals for productivity, while always producing customer acceptable products and striving to reduce paper waste. A successful candidate in this position will need to exercise a concerted effort in promoting and having personal accountability for maintaining a clean and organized work environment. Associated activities will require setup of press plates to run jobs within a given time frame, constant review, assessment for performing enhancements and color adjustment to satisfy internal and customer standards. A Press Operator also provides direction to a crew of five support employees, and assists with paperwork for set employees. It is the job of the Press Operator to be a motivator to achieve positive employee morale and meet productivity expectations.
Education, Knowledge and Experience
High school graduate required. Must have a minimum of two years experience in the printing industry as Second Operator or Roll Tender.
1) Understanding of Operations to carry out instructions.
2) Familiarity with Safety Program, administration of policies and procedures, directing and dealing with employees, resolving work issues. Ability to evaluate the performance of the department and employees.
3) Willingness to update skills on a regular basis to keep abreast of rapidly changing technology.
Interpersonal and Communication Skills
• Highly publicized function that requires excellent verbal, written, listening and interpersonal skills.
• Requires frequent interactions with employees, managers and vendors.
PROBLEM SOLVING / MAJOR CAPABILITIES
The problem solving aspect of this job alternates unexpectedly between problems on the printing processes, presses and problems as reported by employees at all levels. This position requires independent thinking and strong analytical skills, along with the ability to observe, recognize and resolve practical problems.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
Finger dexterity is needed to access/retrieve information, troubleshoot problems and for use of hand-held tools. Physical requirements include hand coordination, bending, walking, climbing, and standing for long periods of time, lifting up to 50 pounds, stooping, pulling, pushing, and overhead reaching. Vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, peripheral, and depth perception.
Quad/Graphics is the quintessential American business success story. By doing things differently and better for more than 40 years,...