EnerNOC, a leading provider of demand response and energy efficiency solutions, has an immediate need for a Business Development Manager to join our world-class C&I Sales organization. Focused on the Texas region, the Business Development Manager’s primary focus will be on driving penetration of EnerNOC’s EfficiencySMART solutions for commercial property, higher education, heathcare, and manufacturing customers, generating energy efficiency revenue and achieving aggressive annual sales plans. This individual will heavily rely on his/her experience utilizing solution-selling of energy-related services or software solutions to C&I customers and will be able to establish credibility with customers, partners, market influencers, upper management, and fellow salespeople. The Business Development Manager’s background, combining engineering or relevant technical training and running the entire sales cycle - from lead generation through to contract signing - will be critical in this exciting role. Energy expertise, knowledge of energy markets, and a passion for selling technology solutions are a must.
• Prospecting and converting leads into profitable business relationships
• Selling EnerNOC’s full suite of energy efficiency solutions
• Analyzing customer energy and facility data to understand a company’s energy management needs
• Preparing and presenting financial and sales proposals and presentations offering energy procurement, management solutions, and energy strategies to current and prospective customers
• Advising EnerNOC’s marketing team on ways to continuously improve product offerings and go-to-market strategies
• B.S./B.A. in engineering, business management, or economics required
• At least 5 years of outside sales experience
• At least 3 years of B2B sales experience
• Experience in closing sales of energy solutions, energy hardware, energy software, or energy management services in the commercial, institutional, and/or industrial markets
• Ability to develop strong customer relationships
• A proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales quotas
• Ability to illustrate ROI to C-level decision-makers, as well as interacting with facilities managers and engineers
• An inherent “hunter” mentality and lead generation expertise as well as the ability to quickly identify and qualify sales opportunities to build and maintain a pipeline for new business
• Sharp financial analysis skills are a requirement for this solution-oriented sale
• Experience in field sales for an energy supplier, an energy technology provider, an engineering consulting firm, or an unregulated division or subsidiary of a utility
• An established network of target market contacts
• A four-year engineering degree as well as experience selling software solutions are preferred
Working Toward a Clean Energy Future!
Charting the future of energy takes a different kind of corporation. EnerNOC is one of the leading...