The SolarCity team is smart, dedicated to our clients, open minded, fun and composed of the solar and renewable energy industry’s best talent. If you want to join a rapidly growing, award-winning company with plenty of opportunities for upward mobility, we invite you to apply to SolarCity.
This position will report to the National Manager – Retail & Field Energy Advisors, and will be directly responsible for supporting the local sales teams by developing qualified sales opportunities for SolarCity’s clean energy solutions within our installation areas.
In this role, you will be the face of SolarCity driving the clean energy movement. You are the first person our customers meet along their journey of purchasing a SolarCity clean energy solution. Your work will reduce carbon emissions and greenhouse gases, taking the equivalent of millions of car miles off the road each year. If investing in the important issues of our time matters to you then this position is an ideal fit.
Working in our retail mall kiosk, you will be actively engaging in conversations with homeowners, offering them the opportunity to receive, at no cost, an evaluation of how Solar City’s clean energy solutions can save them money. You will also serve this vital role in other face-to-face lead generation environments as those channels are developed.
You will also be responsible for working with other members of our Sales team, including other Solar Energy Lead Generators, to share and seek best practices that generate customer opportunities. Commission compensation will be based on the sales team successfully completing a sale from the opportunities you generate.
This is a part-time position at SolarCity that has a leading base salary and commission program linked to performance.
• Drive production of opportunities to meet local sales teams goals and objectives
• Develop qualified leads and sales opportunities for the sales team
• Initiating conversations with home owners and offering energy solutions that will save them money
• Also working other face-to-face lead generation environments as needed
• Preferred 6 months to 1 year of retail sales experience - working the floor highly preferred
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Positive, professional, and big picture attitude
• High energy
• Highly persuasive
• Self-disciplined and honest
• Interested in long-term career opportunities because we promote from within
• General understanding of the sales process and experience achieving and exceeding sales quota goals
• Good to excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office suite
• 2 or 4 year college degree preferred
• All candidates must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment background check
• Flexibility to work within non-standard business hours
• Frequent walking/standing for 4 to 6 hours per day
• Punctual, regular and consistent attendance
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
• Excellent customer service skills required
• Paid training with the nation’s leader in solar power and energy efficiency
• Career path opportunities for top performers into Outside Sales
SolarCity is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
SolarCity - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
SolarCity Delivers Better Energy
SolarCity is a national leader in clean energy services. We make clean energy available to homeowners,...