Graduate Validation Intern
Job Description: In this position, you will be part of a Post-Silicon Functional Validation Team in the System on a Chip (SoC) Validation Group (SVG) within IDGz. This group is responsible for SOC validation across tablets, embedded, cable, and IPTV. We are looking for skilled software and/or hardware engineer to join our engineering team to work on next generation SOC platforms. The candidate will need to be comfortable working in a lab environment as part of the validation team and will be responsible for tasks such as (but not limited to):
- Silicon validation and system validation. This Includes developing, running & debugging hardware, software and/or firmware in hardware boards, FPGAs, and emulators during both the Pre and Post silicon phases of development.
- Responsible for ownership on SoC silicon unit/module debug. The candidate must have excellent problem analysis and problem solving skills.
- Creating, reviewing, and executing system validation test plans and communicating progress and results in a timely manner with input from multiple stakeholders: Marketing, Si-design, SW and Customer Support
- Communicating with multiple geo silicon design engineers, architects, driver and firmware software developers and application engineers on customer support.
You must be enrolled as a graduate student working towards a Masters degree and majoring in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering.
Additional Qualifications Include:
- Experience with development and debug of C and/or C++
- Experience working in a UNIX environment
- Basic understanding of computer architecture
- Excellent problem analysis and problem solving skills
- Ability to own and drive resolution of technical issues
- Experience with Verilog or another HDL a plus
- UNIX scripting programming skills, including shell* scripts,Python, BASH and/or Perl* is a plus
- Experience in hardware validation boards, FPGA and emulators a plus
Oct 21, 2012
Oct 22, 2013
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel’s discretion. Intel invites people of all ages currently enrolled in an academic institution (or graduated within the last 18 months) to apply.
Intel - 2 years ago
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
We're not just about work, we're also about fun! Join us, have fun...