I. Job Summary
Manages roll off, hazardous waste, water services or vacuum routes and driver / laborer performance on a daily basis for this seven day, 24 hour operation. Maintains contact with the drilling pads that are currently being serviced and any past and future pads as well.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Organizes and schedules all necessary resources required to accomplish activities. Coordinates daily operational needs with Maintenance team.
- Plans, distributes, monitors, and follows-up daily route assignments to ensure customers are serviced per company standards and agreements.
- Manages the end-of-day check-in process, capturing and communicating key service, safety, and equipment issues.
- Monitors driver and laborer time and attendance, minimizing overtime and ensuring that drivers do not exceed limits established by regulatory agencies (e.g., 60 hour rule).
- Reviews daily or weekly demand / volume for trucks/routes, determines potential gains from re-routing, and recommends re-routes to the routing specialist.
- Sets and monitors productivity, service, and safety targets for each route and driver.
- Promotes a union free atmosphere and where appropriate, establishes collaborative relations with unions.
- Works with functional groups to resolve employee relations and labor relations issues.
- Acquires and coordinates temporary workers assigned to assist drivers on routes.
- Ensures that drivers comply with physicals, drug or alcohol tests, and training required by regulatory agencies.
- Conducts Root Cause Investigations for all injuries and incidents, ensuring consistent discipline and retraining.
- Visits customers and customer sites to evaluate and resolve safety issues, seeking service alternatives where appropriate.
- Establishes and maintains a clean, safe work environment in compliance with Company/Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards.
- Ensures information is accurate on the WELL numbers and ensures compliance with billing and DEP.
- Documents problem fixes and provides instructions to dispatch/service should problems recur.
- Communicates and follows-up on sales opportunities, problems at customer site, DVIR repairs, container swaps, and safety issues reported by drivers.
- Notifies customer service of delivery days for specific areas.
- Ensures set-up errors and missed pickups are reported and resolved.
- Documents and maintains records required by regulatory agencies such as the Department of Transportation.
- Reviews and audits documentation related to route operations on a daily basis (e.g., DVIRs, driver time and attendance, open tickets), following-up where appropriate.
This job has supervisory responsibilities for Drivers assigned to the position. This includes responsibility for employee performance reviews and feedback, scheduling time off, employee grievances or complaints, pay changes and job responsibilities.
IV. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
most of the work day
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc)
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc)
part of the work day
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements
Normal setting for this job is:
office setting and/or landfill/outdoor.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
Required: Associate's Degree or equivalent experience in transportation, logistics, or solid waste operations in which coaching, routing assessments and leading employees were requirements of the role
Preferred: Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent experience, and zero to three years previous experience in transportation, logistics, or solid waste operations.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
Waste Management Corporation - 9 months ago
Waste Management is the leading provider of comprehensive waste management and environmental services in North America. We are also a leadin...