Facility Operations/Security: Facility/Venue Management
Senior Director of Facilities - Columbus Crew (Columbus, OH)
The Columbus Crew is seeking an energetic and enthusiastic individual to fill the newly created position of Senior Director of Facilities. The Columbus Crew Senior Director of Facilities will serve a key role in operating, managing and expanding the organization’s facilities.
The Senior Director of Facilities will oversee the grounds and physical plant operations of Crew Stadium and the Crew Training Facility at Obetz with the objective of maintaining the best possible facilities and environment for Crew fans, players and associates. Additionally, the Senior Director of Facilities will engage with the Crew Juniors Youth Program to identify opportunities to expand the club’s facilities through partnership and/or development. As such, the Senior Director of Facilities will have congruent reporting responsibilities to the Stadium General Manager and the Sr. Vice President of Soccer Business Development. Benefits include medical and dental insurance, pension plan, savings plan, disability, life and AD&D insurance and paid vacation.
• Oversees grounds and facility engineering/maintenance of Crew Stadium and Crew Training Facility at Obetz;
• Understands and contributes to the long range vision for the development of sustainable facilities and/or relationships that will support the growth of the entire Crew enterprise and the sport of soccer;
• Understands the overall enterprise facility needs and, with the Sr. Vice President of Soccer Business Development, actively pursues solutions and/or opportunities to address said needs;
• Interfaces with the Crew Soccer Foundation Executive Director to actively pursue and support one of the foundation’s key pillars by developing new and/or refurbishing existing soccer fields in under served communities;
• Develops plans, policies and procedures governing the overall operation of the Facilities Division;
• Interfaces with Event Management Division to ensure the effective, timely and exceptional delivery of facility and event services to facility tenants, clients, lessees and guests;
• Interfaces with the Crew Juniors (club youth program) personnel to understand and provide solutions for facility usage requirements;
• Develops and communicates with all departments and staff, both verbally and in writing when necessary, to outline directives, guidelines, initiatives, praise and improvement plans.
• Ensures that established guidelines, procedures, goals and objectives of the Facilities Division are adhered to;
• Administers and implements a program of continuous maintenance, security, custodial care and repair for facilities under Crew ownership or management;
• Investigates, negotiates and administers contracts and certain lease agreements concerning facilities under Crew ownership or management;
• Develops and manages Facilities Division budgets seeking efficiencies and methods to minimize cost and increase productivity;
• Maintains organized and accurate records of Facilities Division financial operation;
• Prepares financial forecasts and other reports or statements as required;
• Ensures the maintenance of a variety of records, reports, plans, blueprints, contracts, lease agreements and related documents;
• Supports facility bookings by meeting with potential clients for large events.
• Oversees the forecasting and purchasing of major new and replacement equipment for the facility; provides preventative maintenance and archival records for this purpose.
• Oversees overall daily operation and maintenance of the facilities and all systems including HVAC, sound, lighting, fire protection, life safety, workplace safety, communications, scoreboard, etc.
• Works with other departments to maximize ticket and sponsorship opportunities.
• Acts as liaison with Village Of Obetz for matters pertaining to the Crew Training Facility.
• Oversees stadium security.
• Performs related duties and responsibilities as required.
The ideal candidate will be a “hands on” manager with a minimum 5 years’ experience of increasing responsibility in professional public assembly facility operations management or public parks and recreation management. The candidate should possess outstanding written and oral communication skills. The successful candidate must have flexibility to work a non-traditional schedule, have impeccable character and integrity conducting affairs in the most professional manner possible as a representative of the Crew organization.
The Columbus Crew provides a dynamic and entrepreneurial opportunity in the growing environment of Major League Soccer. A charter member of Major League Soccer, the club is in its 18th season of operation. The team was founded by legendary sports icon Lamar Hunt and continues operation within the Hunt Family, who also operates F.C. Dallas and F.C. Dallas Stadium in addition to owning the Kansas City Chiefs (NFL) and an ownership interest in the Chicago Bulls (NBA). The Crew has been a leader and innovator in Major League Soccer since its inception. On May 15, 1999 the Crew opened the first-ever soccer specific stadium in the United States which will begin its 15th season of operation in 2013. Since opening, Crew Stadium has hosted seven world cup qualifiers, the 2001 and 2003 NCAA Men’s College Cup, 2000 and 2005 MLS All-Star Games as well as the 2001 MLS Cup. The facility also hosts high school soccer and football events plus major concerts in its newly constructed amphitheatre-style stage.
Apply for this position