Responsible for serving customers in an engaging way. This person will report directly to the Outside Sales Manager. They will work to promote customer service for both external and internal customers. It will include assisting walk-in customers, talking with phone-in customers, purchase order entry, material receiving, answering phones, scheduling, and invoicing. Participate and contribute to company goals and strategic plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greeting customers as they enter our Sales office
- Assist customers with pricing, order, product and delivery status information
- Schedule some customer deliveries in coordination with dispatch
- Accurately create/process customer sales orders/changes and deliveries according to established department policies and procedures to ensure successful interaction with operations (On-time/Complete)
- Retrieve builder purchase orders from the internet
- Track customer purchase orders through Excel spreadsheets, specifically purchase order variances
- Assist with price and account reconciliations between builders and accounts receivable
- Process customer returns according to established department policies and procedures
- Process and receive stock and special order product
- Partner with sales team to meet and exceed customers’ service expectations
- Network with internal departments to actively promote, provide quotes, and present to customers. This would include trusses, windows, doors, trim, roofing, siding, cabinetry, ZCS, etc.
- Assist customers with product selections and escort them around showroom
- Assist Sales Manager with requested reports.
- Attend various HBA/sales/networking events as needed
- Perform other related duties as assigned such as answering phones
Qualifications / Requirements
- Energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
- Time management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Working knowledge and everyday use of technology including but not limited to email, phones, internet, MS Word, MS Excel, BisTrack, WMS, & ADP
- Detail oriented
- Excellent listening skills and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and cognitive skills with ability to solve problems
Personal characteristics/behavior that contribute to the ability to do your job well:
- Respect for employees, customers, vendors and management.
- Respect for the Organization and its information
- Willingness to serve the customer
- Teamwork mentality
- Commitment to continual education and training on product and sales development
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a cooperative manner with customers, co-workers, vendors & management.
Education / Training / Experience
- High School degree a minimum
- Experience in the Building Industry
- Heart for the customer and their needs.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please complete an online application: http://zeelandlumber.com/application
Indeed - 15 months ago