Seeking an SQL Database Analyst in Farmington Hills MI. Apply firstname.lastname@example.org
The SQL Database Analyst will be responsible for supporting the data needs of various departments of the company (sales, interface, operations, etc.). The job functions include, but are not limited to, developing complex Oracle queries for data extraction and reporting, performing data conversions (ETL) from several data sources, developing necessary SQL for loading, updating and maintaining data tables as well as troubleshooting data file related issues, and quality control, including filling gaps in data through research and by providing the necessary mapping.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
1. Retrieve data from various sources and prepares data for analysis. Working on data manipulation and extraction using SQL Loader, Oracle Warehouse Build (OWB) for import into Cognos BI or other repositories.
2. Quality Assurance - Verify accuracy of data and revise methods of data retrieval by following a standard process. Perform internal audits: gather data from various sources/applications and databases to validate audit steps performed; evaluate quality assurance.
3. Develop complex SQL queries against various data and computer sources. Including complex Sub queries, correlated queries, and nested queries.
4. Write queries and stored procedures in SQL, export data into excel or csv files, review for quality and data integrity, and send them to internal clients or external agencies.
5. Compiles and prepares reports and occasionally graphs and charts of data developed by analyzing situations and/or data from which answers can be obtained.
6. Collaborates with customers, business analysts, technical staff, and project team members to plan, design, develop, implement, and enhance applications, scripts, procedures, and metadata for relational databases.
7. May provide data and respond to questions to/from external groups, agencies, or vendors.
8. Create, manipulate and formulate spreadsheets using standard office tools. Knowledge of spreadsheet functionality including v-look-up, pivot tables, charts and graphing.
9. Responsible to following coding standards detailed in database developer handbook.
10. Review technical and requirement documents to ensure consistency, accuracy and compliance with enterprise directions and security standards.
11. Responsible to thoroughly unit test modules.
12. Provide assistance as required to other teams which are integrated our testing database modules.
13. Investigate and resolve all assigned defects.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION:
1. A Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Computer Science, Databases, Technology, or equivalent work experience.
2. 3+ years experience with SQL/PL/SQL
3. 2+ years experience with Oracle 10g/11g or PostgreSQL/Enterprise DB, MS SQL Server, MySQL or IBM DB2/UDB RDBMS is required
4. 1+ years experience with stored procedures (PL/SQL / T-SQL, etc.)
5. Linux experience required, shell scripting highly desirable
6. Capable of working on multiple projects and multitask in a fast-paced environment
7. Must be flexible and have the ability to adapt quickly as external environment and requirement changes
8. Ability to work during non-business hours to implement production change requests and perform data analysis on production databases as needed.
9. Excellent written and oral communication skills absolutely essential
10. Experience in Web-Based Architecture highly desirable
11. Auto finance or banking industry experience highly desirable
12. Knowledge of how IT systems work together to meet business needs
13. Knowledge of XML/XSL/XSLT technologies preferred. Intermediate MS Office (2003, 2007, 2010) skills required
14. Familiarity with TOAD / SQL Navigator
15. Experience with BI Tool sets (IBM Cognos, Business Objects) a plus.
16. Knowledge of Oracle Application Express a plus
EIT - 12 months ago