Under close supervision, this position is responsible for safely applying the appropriate procedures for the specialized operation of Tube Conveying Perforating (TCP) equipment, tools, and techniques in order to ensure quality and cost effective service is provided to each customer. This position entails working within the cased-hole intervention discipline and the duties of this position include performing services related to formation evaluation, production logging, perforating services, conveyance, imaging, and explosive/radioactive handling.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
: may include any or all of the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Plan and prepare for well site operations; assures adherence to all safety regulations
• Supervise and assist Operator crews in the preparation of the unit and calibration of equipment
• Conduct TCP well site operations to the satisfaction of the customer at the well site
• Maintains knowledge of the latest technological changes and operating procedures pertaining to Company equipment, tools, and practices to insure maximum operating efficiency
• Fosters and maintains customer relations by establishing a positive image and confidence in the quality of services and ensures the confidentiality of all logging operations
• Informs customers of any unusual conditions noted at the well, maintains direct contact with customer's representatives throughout the logging or completion operation; interprets common services in the assigned service area for customers
• Promptly and accurately submits all required reports and data
• Maintains assigned equipment and facilities in a neat, workable condition and conducts self in an exemplary manner at all times
• Prepares, drafts, and completes all logs for printing on location or immediately upon return to district office from job site, depending on customer requirements
This position may be responsible for assigning work, assisting with projects, training and overseeing the performance of the well site Operators. Work related performance issues and human resources related matters will be addressed by the District Manager or Field Service Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 3+ years of related experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience are required. Some level of education beyond the 12th grade level is preferred.
• Proficient with a personal computer and common applicable functions/programs is preferred
• Basic knowledge in operating electronics, computers and software used in cased-hole logging Other Skills, Abilities or preferred Qualifications:
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
• Ability to write legible, routine correspondence and to speak effectively as well as coherently with management and other employees
• Must have knowledge of and ensure compliance with all federal, state, local and WLE regulations applicable to WLE explosives operations
• Basic understanding of the materials, methods, and tools involved in the perforation of cased-hole wells
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form as well as deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: others may be required based on state and federal legislation and/or company policy revisions.
• Valid Class B or A drivers license with air brake and Hazmat endorsement
• CPR and First Aid Certified
• TCP operations & handling certified
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus (these requirements can be met with the use of corrective lenses).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
J-W Energy Company - 16 months ago