Career Advisor & Resume Writer - Career Services
About Corinthian Colleges, Inc.
If you’re looking for an exciting opportunity with a robust company committed to changing students’ lives and doing the right thing, Corinthian Colleges, Inc. is the place for you. As one of the largest post-secondary education companies in North America, we are on the cutting-edge of the industry and forging ahead into a new era of leadership, growth and innovation. We currently operate more than 100 campuses through Everest College, WyoTech and Heald College and are dedicated to delivering on the promise to our students. At CCi you’ll work with impassioned employees and have the support you need to make great things possible.
General Job Description:
Work with an assigned portfolio of students and graduates to achieve placement results by coordinating and assisting in job searches, interview preparation, and resume revisions for recent graduates and alumni. Provide coaching and feedback to improve successful placements outcomes.
• Effectively oversees assigned population of students and graduates through their academic lifespan to ensure high levels of successful placement outcomes to meet over all mission of CCi’s education programs.
• Create successful relationships with potential qualified graduates and coach them through all phases of the career search: assessments, career explorations, job search action plans, resume writing, networking, applications, interviewing, salary negotiations, and career development. Motivate students to continue to improve skills for employability after graduation
• Partner with Account Representative to ensure job leads are available. Continue to help previous graduates still looking for placement.
• Ensures all graduate related data is entered into the company-designated electronic recording keeping system in an accurate and timely basis and maintains confidential client and referral records.
• Gathers and enters placement and waver information of graduates in accordance with institution, accreditations, and company guidelines.
• Effectively uses time to balance student meetings with Departmental requirements.
• Participate in supplementary career training.
• Responsible for sending graduate packets and graduate survey
• Uses resources effectively to achieve results.
• High school diploma or equivalent degree required; Bachelor's degree preferred
• Prior sales and/or coaching experience required
• Experience in career services, recruiting, and/or hiring strongly preferred
• Excellent presentation and communication skills with the ability to demonstrate both written and verbal persuasiveness
• Knowledge of job application process, interview procedures, and resume writing
• Fluent in social networking and other high-tech communication paths
• Ability to motivate and influence change with an appropriate level of persistence
• Ideal candidates will have a nurturing demeanor and be meticulous, detail-oriented, organized, and possess good time management skills
United States-CO-Colorado Springs
Our mission is to help students prepare for careers in demand or to advance in their chosen field. With more than 91,000 students as of June...