An individual who, under the direction of a Registered Nurse. Responsible for providing comfort and reassurance to the patient and their family when it has been determined that death is imminent.
Responsibilities and Functions
Provides companionship to patient during the dying process.
- Notifies Hospice, facility and family of visible changes in patient status.
- Provides comfort to patient and family by issuing reassurances.
- Notifies the nursing staff of obvious patient needs.
- Notifies Hospice when additional staff is required for family support.
- Notifies the Hospice when death has occurred.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position requires sufficient verbal and written communication skills to perform the tasks
required. The position requires access to a personal vehicle for travel to multiple locations, a
valid and current state issued driver’s license and confirmation of personal automobile liability