Summary of Job Responsibilities:
Responsible for developing and implementing an academic and social/cultural education curriculum for middle school through high school students.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Outline of Essential Job Responsibilities/Functions to Include but Not Limited to:
Customer Care & Relationships:
Creates, develops, and nurtures culturally appropriate interactions and connections with each other, customer-owners, and the community.
Communications & Teamwork:
Shares and receives information, opinions, concerns, and feedback in a supportive manner.
Works collaboratively by building bridges, and creating rapport with team members within departments and across the organization.
Strong oral, interpersonal and written communication skills.
Improvement & Innovation:
Makes meaningful improvement to services, program, and processes and/or organizational effectiveness that creates new value for customer-owners and employees.
Workforce Development Skills & Abilities:
Seeks out additional learning opportunities to continue to develop the technical and professional skills needed now and in the future.
Takes responsibility for all work activities and personal actions by following through on commitments.
Develops and implements Individual Development Plan (IDPS) of basic education for students.
· Collaborates with the appropriate school district(s) on issues related coordination of special education and school psychologist services, curriculum accreditation, and curriculum that will meet school district standards for academic credit.
· Provides a classroom curriculum and learning environment designed to assist children in the development of positive self-esteem and pride by incorporating Native culture and heritage into classroom activities.
· Ensures that children are supervised at all times and documents compliance with all safety and health regulations for an assigned group of children.
· Provides regular reporting on the progress of students across subject areas and action plans related to the reports.
Participates as a member of the treatment team to integrate the educational, vocational, treatment, social competency, and other identified objectives in the student's treatment and educational plan.
Coordinates the activities of support staff participating in the educational process.
Works with family to ensure they understand the IDPS and play an active role in the success of the IDPS.
Knowledge of and application of 1974 Privacy Act is required as use of customer-owner record is an integral part of the position and privacy of individuals must be protected to the fullest.
Provide effective learning environment for teaching multiple subjects and age levels.
Performs job with minimum supervision .
Adheres to quality safety and infection control standards.
SCF programs are established for the purpose of serving a primary population comprised of Alaska Natives who are affiliated with the Cook Inlet Region Inc. (CIRI), and Alaska Natives and American Indians within SCF’s geographical service area. Employees should have a thorough understanding of the cultures and the needs of the CIRI members, and of the general culture and needs of Alaska Natives and American Indians. Such knowledge is critical in order to ensure the achievement of the mission and vision of SCF: working together with the Native community to provide the best services with Native staff who value the family and family wellness as the heart of the Native community.
1. Bachelor's degree in education or applied or social sciences.
Upon hire, possess an Initial Teacher Certification - for grades 7-12 from Alaska.
Attain Alaska Teacher Certification within 2 years of hire. Special education preferred.
Obtain First Aid/CPR certification within six (6) months of hire.
· Employee may be exposed to: outdoor weather conditions (under 1/3 time)
· Noise level: Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers and printers, light traffic)
· Position requires: stand (under 1/3 time); walk (under 1/3 time); sit (under 1/3 time); use hands to finger, handle or feel (to 2/3 time); talk or hear (over 2/3 time)
· Weight lifted or force exerted: Up to 10 pounds (over 2/3 time)
· Special vision requirements: Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors).
· Additional physical demands: this position requires driving; employee may be required to work holidays, evenings, weekends, and nights; employee must be able to respond when needed by prompt appearance at a required location; employee may be required to provide customer-owner care in the customer-owner’s home or in other locations away from employee’s primary work site; travel may be required; the employee is able to work under physically and emotionally stressed conditions.
Age and Customer-Owner Population(s) Served:
Age of Customer-Owner Population Served
· Adolescent (13-17 yrs)
· Customer-owner with exceptional communication needs
· Customer-owner with developmental delays
Please complete an online application by clicking the 'Apply' button at the top/bottom of this page. For more information contact Human Resources via the SCF Contact page or (907) 729-4977 or Toll free at 1-800-478-3343
NATIVE PREFERENCE UNDER P.L. 93-638.
Preference will not be given unless certification is submitted to Human Resources (a copy is acceptable).
Southcentral Foundation - 19 months ago