Edelman UAE is the cornerstone of Edelman’s Middle East operations. With over 65 staff and offices in Abu Dhabi and Dubai, the business has been in operation since October 2008. For the second year in a row, it was named Middle East Public Relations Association, agency of the year. With talent drawn from the Edelman network and recruited locally, it is an extremely multi-cultural office and operates for all clients in Arabic and English.
These offices have witnessed significant yearly growth. Our client list is enviable, and lists leading UAE organisations. The office also acts as a regional hub for many of Edelman’s largest and international clients, blue chip companies.
Traditionally, the client mix was quite corporate in its focus. However, we have seen huge strides in our technology, consumer, healthcare and digital.
Elements of the job:
- The General Manager is responsible for the success of the UAE business in achieving key targets across quality, finance, talent retention, thought leadership, and new business.
- Experience managing a multi-function P&L is crucial, and the candidate should be able to demonstrate how they have grown or sustained an equivalent size P&L for a PR agency.
- The General Manager is expected to work on multiple clients and actively contribute and develop content, plans and new ideas for the client workload.
- The General Manager must have demonstrated experience in identifying, driving and winning new business on a client by client basis. In addition, they must be able to show a track record in driving a new business strategy and plan in line with the ability and maturity of the business.
- Experience of multi-market activation and planning is also a benefit.
- The General Manager is responsible for mentoring, identifying and retaining talent. This requires an increased focus on ensuring that Edelman training and mentoring programs are continually utilised, and bespoke internal programs created for the UAE team.
- The General Manager also acts as the legal representative for Edelman in the UAE. This is an important role due to visas and the regulatory environment within the UAE.
- The General Manager, working with a small internal project team, oversees IP, marketing, and awards programs.
- The General Manager must be a global citizen who understands and appreciates cultural sensitivities.
The general manager should have at least 15 years of relevant experience in public relations and/or related fields including research, advertising, management consulting, media and publishing, ideally with agency experience. The general manager should have a bachelor’s degree in a related field and a demonstrated track record of top-level managerial skills with P&L and operational management in agency business. S/he should have experience introducing new tools, growing business and developing and retaining staff. S/he should have exemplary leadership, communication and motivational techniques and experience creating a collaborative and respectful, efficient environment. S/he should be a big picture thinker who is well connected in the industry. International experience is a must.
The general manager must have at least 15 years of relevant experience in public relations and/or related fields including research, advertising, management consulting, media and publishing.
Edelman is the world’s largest public relations firm, with 66 offices and more than 4,500 employees worldwide, as well as affiliates in more than 30 cities. Edelman was named Advertising Age’s top-ranked PR firm of the decade in 2009 and one of its “A-List Agencies” in both 2010 and 2011; Adweek’s “2011 PR Agency of the Year;” PRWeek’s “2011 Large PR Agency of the Year;” and The Holmes Report’s “2011 Global Agency of the Year” and its “2012 Digital Agency of the Year.” Edelman was named one of the “Best Places to Work” by Advertising Age in 2010 and 2012 and among Glassdoor’s top ten “Best Places to Work” in 2011 and 2012. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Berland (research), Blue (advertising), A&R Edelman (technology), BioScience Communications (medical communications), and agencies Edelman Significa (Brazil), and Pegasus (China). Visit http://www.edelman.com for more information. Edelman is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If image truly is everything, then Edelman may be one of the most indispensable companies around. Daniel J. Edelman, which does business...