The City of Norfolk is seeking a professional to perform clerical and administrative support duties within the Office of the City Manager. Assists with information requests, manages planning and reporting processes, and performs related duties as required.
Essential functions include but are not limited to:
- Performs administrative duties by answering telephone inquiries, sending and receiving e-mail messages, distributing information, facilitating requests for computer security access, coordinating meetings and appointments, ordering supplies, contacting vendors for pricing and availability, taking light dictation and meeting minutes, distributing mail, updating manuals, coordinating travel plans, greeting and screening visitors for entry into secured areas, performing data entry, maintaining databases and filing systems, reviewing, analyzing and transcribing reports, writing letters and statements, responding to emails, processing paperwork and payroll, ordering supplies and equipment, conducting research, maintaining overtime and leave records, reviewing reports and resolving issues.
- Provides administrative support notifying members of meetings, preparing meeting schedules for commissions and committees and maintaining records, minutes and agendas.
- Assists with the information requests by accepting, reviewing and distributing documents, ensuring all departments/divisions/bureaus involved are notified, reviewing completed requests for accurate calculation fees and monitoring in-house records of submitted requests.
- Manages planning and reporting processes by tracking key department assignments, outlining tasks and deliverables and providing management with solutions and alternatives.
- Performs related duties by assisting running errands, attending weekly staff meetings and coordinating special projects and assigned research projects.
Work requires knowledge necessary to understand basic operational, technical, or office processes. Level of knowledge equivalent to four years of high school or equivalency.
Two years experience in general office work.
Experience providing administrative support to Executive level management preferred.
City of Norfolk, VA - 17 months ago