Duties / Expectations:
- A minimum of two years experience working with middle or high school students.
- Hold an Illinois Teaching Certificate with endorsements in subject area.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
SUMMARY: Implement curriculum that motivates the student to learn integrating a course of study within the parameters of the school philosophy, Illinois State Board of Education, the school’s framework and learning goals.
- Prepare lesson and unit plans, course objectives and outline for course of study following curriculum guidelines and the school’s educational philosophy.
- Instruct students using various teaching methods, such as project-based learning, lecture and demonstration, audiovisual aids and other materials to supplement instruction.
- Prepare and administer tests to evaluate student progress, corrects tests, records results and issues reports to inform parents of progress.
- Involve both students and parents in the evaluation of academic and social goals and the formation of the Individualized Academic Educational Plan (IAEP).
- Provide individual help to students to maintain satisfactory progress.
- Contribute to the professional learning community to impact student achievement and enhance the learning environment.
- Collaborate with colleagues on school initiatives to promote academic success.
- Confer with parents to discuss student progress, academic, attitudes and achievements.
- Teach rules of conduct and maintain discipline in classroom and on campus.
- Counsel students when adjustment and academic problems arise.
- Maintains attendance, progress reports and grade records as required.
- Actively participate in faculty and professional meetings, open houses, parent conferences, educational conferences, training workshops and other related activities.
- Maintain positive, cooperative, and mutually supportive relationships with the central administration, parents, and representatives of resource agencies.
- Display the highest ethical and professional behavior and standards when working with students, parents, school personnel, and agencies associated with the school.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 years ago - save job
The ASPIRA Association is the only national nonprofit organization devoted solely to the education and leadership development of Puerto...