- High school or GED
This position is accountable for providing clinical and technical support for anesthesia and operating room staff. Duties and responsibilities are delineated in the competency based orientation tool (CBOT) and are in direct support of the provision of quality anesthesia and surgical services. All duties are performed in collaboration with team members. The incumbent in this position will support the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare and must demonstrate a commitment to quality service to patients, physicians, the public and co-workers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Prepares OR environment for surgical procedure:
Assists with transfer of patient to OR bed, positioning and prep of the patient for procedures – Elevate limbs as required for certain preps.
Moves equipment into ORs appropriate for procedure.
Restocks anesthesia carts and maintains supplies.
Decontamination of anesthesia equipment after surgical cases (Wipes down anesthesia cart, monitoring equipment, sets up airway circuits, takes laryngoscope blades to decontamination room, replaces blades as needed, and removes red bags between cases).
- Performs routine cleaning duties in the OR room to assure that rooms meet cleanliness and environmental standards.
Cleans room between cases, removing trash, biohazards, linens and equipment.
Cleans room at end of OR schedule.
Cleans equipment as required.
- Provides assistance to patients and team by performing, assisting and explaining designated care procedures:
Assists in transport of patient through flow continuum.
Runs errands – transports specimens appropriately.
Stocks cabinets in OR rooms.
- Participates in facility wide infection control plan and quality improvement process.
- Demonstrates effective communication, customer service, and team building skills.
- Accepts responsibility for professional growth and development.
- Performs any other duties as appropriate.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Successful completion of pre-placement/employment evaluation.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position.
- Current CPR certificati on.
- Ability to Pass Physcial demands test