School Specialty is the largest provider of supplemental educational products and equipment to the pre-kindergarten through twelfth grade education market in the United States and Canada.
Through leading brands, School Specialty provides innovative and proprietary products, programs, and services that help educators engage and inspire students of all ages and abilities. Working in collaboration with educators, School Specialty reaches beyond the scope of textbooks to help teachers, guidance counselors, and school administrators ensure that every student reaches his or her full potential.
We are currently seeking a Sales Representative to join our team in the Kansas City area. This position serves as primary catalyst for School Specialty Educational Resources sales within the state of Idaho. This includes demonstrating a deep understanding of customer behavior and trends within the marketplace. Responsible for making direct calls to assigned customers and/or customer geography. A critical element of this position is to both directly and indirectly position solutions with customers which meet their needs, leading to sustainable sales growth.
• Grow revenue and maximizes profit in the territory
• Manages territory as a business with analysis of opportunities, customer needs and finances
• Facilitates selling through efficient organization of business systems including home office, car and technology
• Uses time and resources to optimize coverage of territory to achieve sales results.
• Develops multi-level relationships with accounts in order to promote, market, and sell School Specialty brands to existing and potential customers within assigned territory
• Conducts face-to-face, needs-based consultative selling to help customer achieve business goals through the use of School Specialty products, services and/or solutions
• Develops a frequent and familiar personal profile of customers that attracts the interest of prospective customers
• Reviews market conditions and trends to uncover new leads
• Proactively identifies and selects the most profitable options
• Sells our full-line of educational products and services
• Present value added propositions/information through effective speaking, writing, listening, presentation and facilitation skills
• Conducts proper territory, account and product line management
• Builds strong customer relationships
• Communicates frequently and effectively with Regional Sales Manager on territory, account and related plans and information
• Continuously improves capabilities by upgrading skills and product knowledge
• 3-5 years successful outside sales experience required; must have proven track record in sales
• Outside sales experience in K-12, furniture sales or related environment and industry preferred
• 4-year college degree (Business, Marketing or Education preferred) or equivalent work experience
• Results-oriented; self-starter; strong work ethic
• Strong planning as well as priority/time management skills
• Ability to build solid customer relations based upon solution based selling
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Computer literate in Microsoft Office Products
• Ability to travel 90% of time within territory
• Spanish speaking skills a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer
School Specialty - 2 years ago
School Specialty won't carry your books to school, but it will deliver nearly everything else. A leading distributor of school supplies...