Senior level accounting work includes the preparation, analysis and reconciliation of financial statements and information, tax returns, general ledgers, etc.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
- Analyzes financial information to include but not limited to bank accounts, billing statements, financial statements, trend reports, Service Level Agreements (SLA), tax returns, appropriate systems, etc. to identify and resolve discrepancies and to ensure data integrity is maintained; refers highly complex issues to senior technical experts or managers and provides recommendations for corrective action.
- Provides technical financial advice, guidance, and instruction to managers, staff and others on the full range of financial processes, workflow, and priorities. Identifies and assists in the resolution of moderately complex to complex financial problems and issues.
- Assists managers, within area of assignment, in the development of specific financial policies.
- Coordinates the implementation and maintenance of a system of checks and balances to ensure the integrity of financial records.
- Reviews and assesses financial processes and procedures to identify and implement changes to gain efficiencies.
- Reviews financial activity and accrues expenses as needed in support of financial statements.
- Analyzes and reconciles General Ledger accounts to identify and resolve all complex discrepancies.
- Gathers and analyzes financial data from various systems; creates and presents reports to senior managers and makes recommendations in support of the mission.
- Maintains professional development through continuing education, attending courses, seminars, workshops, or by reading professional journals.
- Assigns and monitors the contractor workload in the area of assignment; prioritizes, delegates and monitors contractor work assignments.
- Resolves personnel problems/issues; provides technical direction and guidance; and provides constructive feedback and career guidance.
- Prepares financial statements to support client, Working Capital Fund businesses or proprietaries.
- Prepares complex tax returns and reconciliations in support of Tax Program.
- Analyzes and tests systems that interface with the accounting system to ensure the integrity of accounting data.
- Analyzes WCF Financial statements and other financial data submitted.
- Active TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph required
- 5+ years of related experience required
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree or equivalent
GCS - 19 months ago