Job Posting Number: 17618BR
Job Posting Title: Energy Manager
Job Posting Category: Business Professional , Engineering/Architecture , Maintenance/Facilities
Work Site: MN - Rochester
Mayo?s energy policy is a commitment to use energy efficiently and to encourage the development of energy from renewable sources. The primary function of the Energy Coordinator is to establish, implement and oversee an energy management program with goals and strategies that are consistent with Mayo?s energy policy. The program would serve to influence the design and operation of Mayo?s facilities along with the energy-related behaviors of employees. Metrics are developed and used to measure the program?s effectiveness. The Energy Manager has primary responsibility for the following key components of the energy management program:
- Develop metrics and data gathering methods to measure energy use, monitor trends in energy demands and evaluate the effectiveness of energy improvement initiatives. ?Coordinate an on-going retro-commissioning program to periodically reassess the operational efficiency of a facility from an energy perspective.
- Identify, evaluate, prioritize and promote cost-effective energy improvement opportunities as identified through various means including retro-commissioning.
- Participate in the modification, development and implementation of standards, design guidelines and specifications related to energy management.
- Advocate for and identify strategic opportunities to incorporate cost-effective energy efficiency measures in new and remodeled construction.
- Remain informed on current technologies and methodologies for managing energy and achieving energy reductions.
- Maintain a working knowledge of federal, state and local energy codes, standards and programs along with viable rebate and grand funding opportunities. Promote opportunities for employees to learn about Mayo Clinic?s energy program and provide practical ways for them participate in the effort (012562-42500)
A bachelor degree in mechanical or electrical engineering or an energy related technology field. Eight or more years of experience in some aspect of commercial or industrial energy management. Two or more years of experience leading infrastructure, building remodeling, or energy reduction projects.
Strong Mechanical Engineering experience is desired. Demonstrated competency in energy metrics, calculations and conversions for multiple types of energy. Prior job experience requiring strong interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills. Must be able to effective manage multiple significant tasks simultaneously. Must have a working knowledge and relevant experience with the distribution of electrical and mechanical systems, building automation controls and lighting controls.
All of the following are preferred:
License or Certification:
- Five or more years of experience working in a healthcare setting.
- Prior experience in an Energy Manager position.
- Experience performing retro-commissioning.
Benefit Eligible: Yes
Exemption Status: Exempt
Hours/Pay Period: Full Time
Schedule Details: Monday-Friday; Days
Staffing Specialist: Chad Musolf
Mayo Clinic is an affirmative action / equal opportunity educator and employer.
Mayo Clinic - 19 months ago
Multidisciplinary teamwork with coordinated care is Mayo Clinic's secret sauce. The not-for-profit Mayo Clinic provides health care,...