JOB SUMMARY: The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities for this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. The individual performing this job function is empowered with adequate authority to exercise the required duties and responsibilities of the position to insure that all work performed meets or exceeds LEGACY, SCS standards for safety, quality, productivity, and conduct.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Directs all duties in shipping department being performed by employees; maintains a high degree of visibility and access to employees.
• Maintains shipping department standards for productivity, reliability, and accuracy.
• Assist shipping operation managers in distributing workload to employees.
• Identify production bottlenecks and take corrective actions.
• Train new employees.
• Works along with employees – Team Leaders are working leaders.
• Be certified on equipment in their area.
• Be able to restart, fix or correct any system or production stoppage.
• Enforce safety standards.
• Set the standard for production and quality.
• Identify better ways to do the job.
• Performs required administrative tasks; prepares required reports and correspondence.
• Performs other duties as assigned by shipping operations manager.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. May perform labeling, sorting, wrapping, packing, and repacking for shipment as needed.
2. Performs additional duties as directed.
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS AND WORK AIDS:
Required power industrial equipment scanner, computers or other
technology needed to perform the job..
Education and/or Experience:
• High school diploma or GED. Prefer some college.
• Two to four years related experience or equivalent.
• Strong personal and communication skills.
• Knowledge of shipping/warehouse operations best practices.
• Demonstrated proficiency in directing and motivating others.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Basic competence in areas duties and tasks
• Strong written communication, organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
• Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
• Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
• Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
• Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
• Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand sometimes in excess of 7 hours and use hands to handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical operating parts.
A large percentage of work time is spent in a warehouse where temperatures are hot or cold (seasonally) and noise level can be moderate to high.
TMSi Logistics - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard