I. JOB SUMMARY –The Materials Handler I assists in the day to day activities relating to inventory control functions supporting Pharmaceutical fill/finish Operations. The main responsibility of this position will be the receiving function of materials supporting drug product manufacturing. Additional responsibilities include creating and updating logsheets and inventory cards, shipping activities, and all inventory movement functions including updating databases, labeling and maintaining all associated cGMP documentation.
II. JOB DUTIES – Materials Handler I may perform any/all of the following position duties:
1. Loads and/or unloads material between dock and truck with hand truck where applicable. Moves materials between statuses and locations within the plants.
2. Processes delivered materials according to procedure placing an added immediacy on temperature sensitive receipts. Delivers received shipments accordingly.
3. Prepares work-in-process (WIP) and lot specific kits supporting Manufacturing
4. Processes manufacturing and shipping supplies as outlined in procedures.
5. Performs material sampling as required.
6. Records and maintains accurate inventory logs for all manufacturing components. Reports on inventory.
7. Attends semi-annual DOT and IATA training as required.
8. Conducts materials handling operations in strict accordance with written SOPs.
9. Performs cycle counts, expiration date maintenance and maintains all material storage locations.
10. Assures that operations are conducted in compliance with strict cGMP procedures.
11. Completes chain of custody forms and updates all receiving logs.
12. Issues lot numbers to incoming materials per established procedure.
13. Completes QC test requests for sampling and testing of raw materials.
14. Performs other duties as required.
III. PREPARATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE –
-- 2+ years experience; APICS coursework or certification a plus·
-- Previous DOT and IATA training is a plus·
-- Ability to follow instructions and established procedures, to prioritize, to make good decisions and multi-task.
-- Intermediate math and computer skills.
-- Good written and oral communication skills are essential ·
-- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time up to 4 hours without a break; bend and stoop to grasp objects; bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds, unassisted·
-- Self-motivator, reliable, follows instructions and can perform duties with minimal guidance,willing to put the team first.·
-- Must understand cGMP requirements and strict adherence to safety policies and practices·
-- Ability to use Microsoft Suite. ERP software experience is a plus
-- Strong commitment to excellence and quality with a positive working attitude