Position: Kitchen Assistant
Status: Part-time, Non-exempt
Reports to: Resident Chef
The first Sur La Table store opened in Seattle's Pike Place Market in 1972 selling hard-to-find kitchenware imported from France. Since then the company has expanded to more than 80 stores nationwide, a direct-mail business distributing millions of catalogs each year, an e-commerce site, a gift registry, and a cooking class program.
Sur La Table prides itself in being the premiere retailer for creative cooking and artful entertaining through a legacy in culinary innovation, authenticity and discovery. If you have a passion for exceptional customer service and authentic culinary tools and serving pieces from around the world, we welcome you to join Sur La Table.
Kitchen Assistants help to create an inspiring experience for every student and assist the instructor (Resident Chef, Chef Instructor, Guest Chef and/or Assistant Chef) with the hands on nature of the class. Kitchen Assistants are responsible for the overall set up and take down of each culinary class which may include shopping for supplies.
Responsibilities: (including, but not limited to)
Requirements: (including, but not limited to)
- Delivers exceptional customer service to class attendees
- Prepares kitchen and materials in advance of classes including preparing food, copying recipes, and other duties as assigned
- Serves prepared foods. Clears dishes. Maintains cleanliness in kitchen during classes
- Washes dishes, cleans kitchen and readies kitchen for next class
- Packs, labels, organizes, and properly stores left over food
- Acts as an extension of the instructors’ hands by assisting customers during class
- Maintains a professional and friendly demeanor while completing multiple tasks
- Understands and executes a variety of recipes
- Files expense reports in an accurate and timely manner
- May shop for ingredients and supplies as needed for each class
- 1+ years’ customer service experience (culinary and/or food service preferred)
- Available to work as business dictates for a minimum of 2 classes per week including nights and weekends
- Meets the following physical requirements:
- Standing: up to 5 hours at a time
- Lifting: up to 35 pounds consistently
- Has use of a car for grocery shopping (preferred)
Sur La Table - 19 months ago
In 1972, the first Sur La Table store opened in Seattle’s Pike Place Market. It was a place where serious cooks found a surprising...