Did you know?
Costco Wholesale is a multi-billion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in eight countries. We are the recognized leader in our field, dedicated to quality in every area of our business and respected for our outstanding business ethics. Despite our large size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed.
Description of position
The QA Analyst is responsible for adhering to standardized QA policies, processes and documentation standards, overseeing and/or participating in all aspects of project testing, overseeing IS POS QA test environments, providing technical guidance to less senior QA team members, and ensuring schedule adherence for assigned projects.
Tasks and responsibilities
Required skills, abilities, and certifications
- Participate in requirements & use case reviews
- Provide accurate estimates for QA resources and testing schedules
- Responsible for creating and gaining project approval on project test plans
- Responsible for creating and/or overseeing the creation and approval of project test cases
- Responsible for overseeing or generating all QA-related documentation
- Ensuring adherence to standardized QA policies, processes and documentation standards
- Collaborate with Development to resolve defects uncovered during testing cycles
- Coordinate in-house and external testing
- Responsible for helping to mentor and develop other members of the IS QA team
- Responsible for being familiar with source code, version management, and code deployment standards and for utilizing this knowledge to ensure that QA processes and procedures for test environments are followed and that the integrity of the various environments is not compromised
- Weekly QA status reports
Recommended skills, abilities, and certifications
- Minimum 5 years software quality assurance experience
- Minimum 4 years experience testing in one or more of the following environments: IBM SA or ACE POS Systems, Windows Server 2003 and Windows 2008
- Minimum 3 years hands-on experience using Trisoft Automation or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of a typical SDLC and SQA methodology
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Excellent testing resource planning and test scheduling skills
- Ability to produce effective software test plans and test cases
- Solid understanding of build tools and software configuration management standards
- 2-plus years as a test lead preferred
- 2 years project management experience to include scheduling via M.S. project
- 3 years experience with MS SQL Server or DB2 and the ability to write basic SQL queries
- Experience with multiple Costco business areas/systems
- 3 years experience creating test automation scripts
- Degree in computer science or related technical field preferred
To Apply: Email your current resume to IT_JOBS@costco.com . If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States.
Costco Wholesale - 30+ days ago
Costco Wholesale is a multi-billion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in eight countries. We are the recognized leader i...