The MWH organization is driving the wet infrastructure sector globally, and we are leading the world in results-oriented management, technical engineering, and construction services to create a better world. The wet infrastructure sector we serve encompasses a variety of water-related projects and programs ranging from water supply, treatment and storage to water resources management and coastal restoration, and from design and construction of hydropower and renewable energy facilities to full environmental services.
Our Chicago office is currently looking for a summer intern with a background in Civil or Structural Engineering.
The successful candidate will assist technical staff with various project tasks, e.g., compiling and evaluating data related to water, wastewater, stormwater or environmental systems, performing basic manual and/or spreadsheet calculations, assisting in the development of input data for computer models, preparing tabular and/or graphic summaries of modeling results, preparation of technical memoranda, support of drawing and specification preparations, and assisting in the development of quantity take offs from design drawings. The intern will support project activities being led by the civil/structural group in the Chicago office.
PLEASE INCLUDE ALL PERTINENT CLASSES/PROJECTS ON RESUME
- Assist Engineers in development of reports, drawings, and specifications.
- Gather background design information for Engineers.
- Perform simple calculations; computer data entry; some exposure to design and cross training.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Follow safe work practices and adhere to company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
- This is a fulltime intern position lasting from approximately May through September 2012. Positions report to Principal Engineer.
- BS Degree in progress; students in civil or structural engineering.
- Some related coursework experience is preferred but not required.
- Intern candidates eligible to apply must be currently enrolled in an accredited degree program and in Junior or Senior status for fall of 2012. New college graduates are not eligible for internships at MWH, however, MWH hires recent graduates in an associate capacity. New graduates are encouraged to review and apply for associate roles of interest at www.mwhglobal.com .
- Previous co-op or internship experience preferred.
- GPA of 3.0 preferred.
- Bright, easy to work with, good communication skills, patience necessary.
MWH is an EEO/AA/M/F/V/D
If it's wet, MWH Global will make it work. The environmental engineering, construction, and management firm specializes in...