JOB SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the PACT Team Leader the Dual Disorder Specialist (formally called MICA Specialist) provides specialized services (i.e. MICA and Substance Abuse counseling) in addition to the required general services to the PACT consumer to foster wellness and recovery. These specialty services consist of, but are not limited to MICA focused, individual, group and/or family education and counseling, intake and MICA assessments, referral and service coordination, case management, liaison and/or advocacy services. In coordination with the PACT team, the Dual Disorder Specialist is responsible for the development, coordination and delivery of consumer responsive substance abuse/MICA services utilizing the resources of the PACT team and those available within the community including other social service agencies, self-help programs, etc. As a member of the PACT team, participates in the planning and provision of interdisciplinary training and skill development for all members of the team. On-call availability and response is required. |
A. JOB DUTIES:
1. Contributes, in collaboration and under the supervision of the Team Leader/Clinician in the
development, supervision, training and coordination of PACT staff and their professional
activities with respect to the delivery of substance abuse/MICA related services, thus fostering an effective environment conducive to wellness and recovery.
2. Displays commitment to the goals of PACT, the PACT philosophy and the team’s responsiveness to the needs of the consumer.
3. Conducts substance abuse/MICA assessments as necessary upon intake and/or upon request by the consumer and/or other members of the PACT team.
4. Participates in the intake screening, treatment planning and discharge review process assuring
appropriate substance abuse/MICA treatment, management, and decision making processes are in effect with respect to the services available and offered to the consumer.
5. Responsible for maintaining accurate and current records on all consumers, including progress notes, assessments and reviews, treatment/recovery/wellness plans, daily service logs, and other reporting mechanisms as may be necessary to assure effective service delivery coordination and communication.
6. Conducts MICA focused, individual, group and family educational and counseling programs/sessions addressing the needs of the consumer and his/her family.
7. Coordinates and advocates with community service providers for on-going, emergency and other
forms of health care for PACT consumers (e.g. medical, psychiatric, substance abuse, etc.)
8. Provides representation on behalf of the agency, the PACT Team and/or the consumer at various interdisciplinary service coordination meetings.
9. Performs other duties as may be deemed necessary and appropriate by the Team Leader.
10. Contributes to and participates in the delivery of interdisciplinary in-service training and case
11. Provides on-call and emergency response services.
12. Participates in the PACT team and Agency QA process.
B. OTHER PACT SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES:
1. Serves as a member of the PACT team providing on-going case management, medication monitoring, supportive counseling, life skill development, crisis intervention, vocational assistance, and/or specialized substance abuse/MICA services to PACT consumers as warranted and/or requested.
2. Establishes and maintains a treatment relationship with the consumer providing face-to-face service to the consumer in the hospital, the community and with other agencies (i.e. correctional facility etc.) and family as appropriate.
3. Participates in the development of individualized treatment/rehabilitation/recovery/wellness plans, overseeing the identification, development, and delivery of appropriate substance abuse/MICA services.
4. Coordinates and provides the PACT team with training and development in areas of clinical specialty.
5. Provides direct and emergency back-up services and support to members of the PACT team.
6. Provides available on-call services on a 24-hour 7-day per week basis.
7. Responsible for accurate and complete documentation of provided services in accordance with established policy guidelines for record keeping.
8. Participates in on-going supervision and/or program development with the Team Leader/Clinician that may consist of field visits to the consumer's residence, work site, family, etc. 9
9. Participates in the PACT daily planning and coordination meetings, treatment planning/case conference meetings, etc.
Catholic Charities - Diocese of Trenton - 23 months ago