OUTSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE - MURFEESBORO, TN
Founded in 1952, Lawson Products, a business of Lawson Products, Inc. (NASDAQ: LAWS), is a North American leader in the maintenance hardware industry. We specialize in fastening systems, cutting tools, chemicals, abrasives, hydraulics and automotive products. The hands-on problem solving we give our customers has established Lawson as a leading provider of Smarter Maintenance Solutions to the MRO industry. At Lawson, we’re all about reducing costs, increasing productivity and improving efficiency for our customer’s operations
We have efficient state of the art distribution centers, a broad product line, a knowledgeable sales force and 99% shipping in 24 hours to keep our customers coming back.
We are seeking a Sales Representative who will maximize sales in an assigned territory through direct selling and servicing of identified customers within targeted markets. They will identify opportunities to gain new customers while expanding existing business to achieve planned sales volume.
- Responsible for profitable revenue growth through new targeted customer growth, further penetration of existing customers, and customer retention. Sustains high sales achievement.
- Establishes, maintains and services accounts, covering full assigned territory. Ensures high customer satisfaction, positive long-term relationships and repeat business.
- Makes presentations to clients using the appropriate tools to develop an understanding of the value proposition, focusing on quality, productivity and profitability.
- Demonstrates the quality and reliability of Lawson’s products. Provides basic technical assistance and recommendations which provide the best application of Lawson's products. Refers more complex problems to Lawson's technical engineering support and services to ascertain customers' needs. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the MRO industry.
- Answers customers' questions, making appropriate referrals where required. Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, and making recommendations. Following a sale, becomes the primary point of contact for the client.
- Ability to sell at all levels in a customer/target organization. Proven experience in developing new business, building repeat business, and managing a sales territory.
- Excellent relationship-building skills. Ability to establish and create relationships at all levels with customers and prospect organizations.
- High-level presentation and communication skills. Ability to provide demonstrations to customers and prospects.
- Proven sales closing skills.
- Ability to self-start and work independently.
- Must be willing to travel 90% of the time in a local geographic territory; no overnight travel.
- Proficiency with personal computers. Appropriate computer skills to meet administrative needs: Power Point and other Microsoft Office products.
- This position requires a minimum of an associate's degree or its equivalent with 1-5 years of experience in the field or a related area and requires a broad knowledge of MRO industry policies and products.
We offer our Outside Sales Representatives a base + commission structure (no earnings cap) and bonus opportunities. Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vacation, sick time, 401(k), profit sharing and expense allowance.
We are seeking a driven sales representative with a proven track record of success who seeks career growth and the opportunity to work with a leader in the industry. Please apply by logging onto www.lawsonproducts.com and selecting the Careers tab.
Lawson Products - 2 years ago
Lawson employees are focused on our vision to be our customers’ first choice for solutions that improve their operating performance....