New Hope Services Inc. is a not for profit organization which has been serving the developmental needs of adults, children and families primarily in Clark, Scott, and Jefferson counties for 50 years! New Hope Services, Inc. offers a wide array of human services that provide opportunities for individual and family enhancement. We have several other programs that cater to the community and its needs as well
This job is assisting our mentally challenged consumers find employment within the community and helping them to maintain it. Duties are listed below:
1. Travel within the community to provide job development, assessment, placement, training and fading services to clients on the job sites.
2. Maintain client files with current documentation.
3. Provide training and arrange practice opportunities to clients in a variety of employment settings.
4. Assist clients to establish community connections and make referrals to community agencies. Develop natural supports in the community for the clients especially those relative to the community worksite.
5. Coordinate meetings and conduct meetings/conferences for clients.
6. Coordinate referrals when needed for specific services.
7. Be accessible, flexible and cooperative to the various customer groups and their needs.
8. Assist in the recording and compilation of monthly billing and documentation.
9. Operate programs to the standards established by DARS., Voc. Rehab., CARF, and Medicaid Waiver.
10. Determine job matches based on consumer interests, abilities and accessibility.
11. Establish job opportunities with area businesses. (Conduct Job Development.)
12. Perform tasks as requested and held directly responsible to the Employment Services Coordinator or Adult Services Manager.
1. Assist staff when needed to ensure efficient operation of New Hope Services, Inc., Adult Services
2. Assist with booths and presentations
3. Serve on committees needed to ensure the efficient operation of New Hope Services Inc., Adult Services
4. Be thoroughly familiar with, and review at least annually, the Employee Handbook
5. Participate in training requested and offered by Department and New Hope Services Inc., Adult Services
1. Must be available to work a flexible schedule based on client need
2. Annual negative TB test or chest x-ray, CPI, CPR, First Aid and Universal Precautions Certifications
3. Must possess a valid state driver’s license, proof of insurance coverage per company policy, and have a vehicle that is reliable for transportation of consumers
EDUCATION/YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
1. High School Diploma or equivalent
2. Experience recommended
City of Louisville, KY - 10 months ago