MWH is currently looking to add a Project Technical Leader (PTL) to support our North Texas operation to work on water and wastewater infrastructure projects, including pipelines, reservoirs, pump station projects, and other general water and wastewater civil tasks as part of multi-disciplinary teams in local and worldwide projects. The essential functions of this position will include:
• Task leader accountable to the Project Manager and/or a Project Technical Leader on large projects
• Working with Client Service Managers (CSMs), the Business Unit Leader and various other PTLs, the individual will be directly responsible for successful project execution, while supporting new business development, and will also contribute to the growth of the municipal water and wastewater practice within the North Texas operation
• Coordinate with the Business Unit Project Technical Lead and assist in directing and enforcing the MWH quality in the Conveyance practice, assuring best practices are being employed in our projects.
• Assuring that appropriate technical expertise is identified and utilized in sales efforts and during project execution. Working closely with CSMs in strategy development for major water and wastewater infrastructure campaigns; participate directly in campaigns as appropriate.
• Interacting within the business unit and local operations, with clients, and professional organizations; not only as related to current projects, but also, with the intent to create new business growth and strengthen existing relationships within the North Texas operation
• Supervisory responsibility in directing internal/external multidiscipline team engineers during project delivery activities
• Directing technical work on several projects simultaneously
• Ensuring that resources and support services are available through all design phases to provide sound and competent assessment and input for technical alternatives, engineering designs, bid evaluations, quality assurance, commissioning, cost estimates and preparation of technical scope of service and specifications
Critical Competencies required include:
1. Knowledge: Deep knowledge and expertise of water and wastewater infrastructure (including pipelines, reservoirs, pump stations) planning, design and construction with the ability to establish credibility with clients and within MWH.
2. Ability to Influence: Capability to energize and engage individuals (external and internal) in one-on-one and group settings to move in a desired direction.
Technical Leadership and Management: Ability to lead and manage internal/external multidiscipline engineering teams.
3. Technical Leadership and Management: Ability to lead and manage internal/external multidiscipline engineering teams.
4. The ability to multi-task and excellent in client service, as required, in order to solidify existing client relationships and to create the potential for new projects and increased revenue.
Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering required
• Minimum of 8-12 years of progressive responsibility in water and wastewater infrastructure related engineering projects
• Licensed (PE)Professional Engineer in Texas, or ability to become professionally licensed within 6 months of hire
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Good organizational skills
• Hands-on working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
• Extensive experience with report writing, developing technical proposals and preparing task budgets
• Detail oriented, with experience in preparing design calculations, drawings, and specifications, and accustomed to producing high quality work
• Administrative experience in project management, technical leadership and task leader for a variety of projects, budget and schedule management
• Demonstrated success in consulting with clients from inception of a project through completion, including scope definition to regulatory approval
• Previous experience in mentoring young engineers
Master of Science degree in Civil or Environmental engineering
MWH - 19 months ago
If it's wet, MWH Global will make it work. The environmental engineering, construction, and management firm specializes in...