Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in propane, fuel oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets.
At Suburban Propane, our employees' commitment to serve our community has made us a leader in the energy business. Now we need your energy to help us continue to deliver the high level of satisfaction and service that our customers expect and deserve!
Suburban is seeking a Multi-Fuel Service Technician skilled in handling both propane and oil related equipment. This position will be based out of our York, PA location and will be responsible for the surrounding market areas. Our technicians are experienced individuals with outstanding people skills and are able to thrive in a fast-paced environment. As a Service Technician you will estimate jobs, obtain required permits, then deliver, set and install propane tanks and outside lines. You will also conduct system tests; purge, repair and maintain cylinders, tanks and other company equipment; and perform inspections consistent with company standards.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
Suburban places great importance in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay with incentive potential and a comprehensive benefits package. For more information or to apply, please visit us at: www.suburbanpropane.jobs
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- CDL class B with X endorsements preferred or the ability to obtain said license as well as applicable state and federal licenses and certifications.
- Solid understanding of propane and oil distribution systems with 3-5 years experience preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with after hours emergency call-outs.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to convey information to new and existing customers.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Desire to succeed in a team environment.
- Must also complete required job training.
As part of our pre-employment hiring process, DOT physicals, background checks and drug screens are performed.
Suburban Propane is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer in accordance with all applicable laws.
Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.