Supports all local medical facilities that utilize surgical instruments by appropriately & safely processing & distributing equipment, instruments & supplies to maximize efficiency & safety. Makes members/patients & their needs a primary focus of one's actions; develops & sustains productive member/patient relationships. Actively seeks information to understand member/patient circumstances, problems, expectations, & needs; builds rapport & cooperative relationship w/ members/patients. Considers how actions or plans will affect members; responds quickly to meet member/patient needs & resolves problems.
• Decontaminates, disassembles & reassembles, & sterilizes via appropriate techniques, a wide variety of routine & specialized surgical instruments
• Utilizes Intelligent Instrumentation Management Computer system to track instruments throughout the local facilities
• Inventories & restock departmental supplies including instruments, sterilization chemicals & other related items, which requires occasion lifting & carrying up to 45 pounds
• Responds appropriately to observed fraud & abuse
• Must use protective gear & work w/ various chemical agents
• Position requires standing for prolonged periods of time
• Minimum of 6 months of experience cleaning & sterilizing instruments
• HS graduation or equivalent
• Must be certified by the Certification Board of Sterile Processing & Distribution (CBSPD) or receive certification within 6 months of entering this position
• Knowledgeable of a wide variety of sterilization routine & specialized instruments
• Experience in operating personal computers
• Effective verbal & written communications skills
• Demonstrated customer service skills, customer focus abilities & the ability to understand KP customer needs
Kaiser Permanente - 17 months ago
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...