Supports all local medical facilities that utilize surgical instruments by appropriately & safely processing & distributing equipment, instruments & supplies to maximize efficiency & safety. Makes members/patients & their needs a primary focus of one's actions; develops & sustains productive member/patient relationships. Actively seeks information to understand member/patient circumstances, problems, expectations, & needs; builds rapport & cooperative relationship w/ members/patients. Considers how actions or plans will affect members; responds quickly to meet member/patient needs & resolves problems.
• Decontaminates, disassembles & reassembles, & sterilizes via appropriate techniques, a wide variety of routine & specialized surgical instruments
• Utilizes Intelligent Instrumentation Management Computer system to track instruments throughout the local facilities
• Inventories & restock departmental supplies including instruments, sterilization chemicals & other related items, which requires occasion lifting & carrying up to 45 pounds
• Responds appropriately to observed fraud & abuse
• Must use protective gear & work w/ various chemical agents
• Position requires standing for prolonged periods of time
• Minimum of 6 months of experience cleaning & sterilizing instruments
• HS graduation or equivalent
• Must be certified by the Certification Board of Sterile Processing & Distribution (CBSPD) or receive certification within 6 months of entering this position
• Knowledgeable of a wide variety of sterilization routine & specialized instruments
• Experience in operating personal computers
• Effective verbal & written communications skills
• Demonstrated customer service skills, customer focus abilities & the ability to understand KP customer needs
At Kaiser Permanente, all of us, from accounting, sales and IT, to our care delivery teams on the front lines, stand for Total Health....