GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
As a Post Doctorial Researcher in the Advanced Computing Lab, you will support development of high-fidelity model-based solutions/platforms to help GE customers (Energy, Aviation Systems, Healthcare, and Transportation) design and use their assets in complex customer operations that make game changing impacts measured by lives saved, carbon and cost reduction and on time performance.
In this role, you will have opportunities to:
- Build scalable simulations and analytics into GE design and analysis processes.
- Work with GE Software COE, GE Businesses, and Business Partners in building and analyzing solutions to real and theoretical problems.
- Collaborate with world-class Researchers in a variety of technical disciplines to employ modeling and simulation in the advancement of science and engineering.
- Research and develop tools and processes to improve analytical methods, performance, scale, and sophistication of algorithms, simulations, and systems. These build GE Research’s own internal analytical capability and scale.
- Communicate progress and results of research initiatives with business leaders, customers, and technology providers as a full member of research teams.
- Doctorate Degree in Applied Physics, Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Knowledge and experience in scalable and concurrency-dependent design, build and applied simulation and optimization.
- Hands-on development skills in particular in massively parallel systems.
- Experience in GE-relevant research areas. (E.g., biological systems, combustion, materials design, fluid dynamics, etc.)
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Imagine what GE Global Research will make happen next. If you are ready to join us, click on the “Apply to job” button below.
- Experience in designing and constructing simulation based decision support systems.
- Experience in database design and management, data cleaning and processing, middleware implementation and SOA architecture.
- Applied expertise in at least one major simulation technique, e.g. agent-based, discrete event, systems dynamics.
- Exemplary technical content communication skills, strong record of professional/academic publishing and innovation.
- Ability to articulate innovative ideas to senior Researchers and strategic business partners.
Section 19 Job
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart
GE Careers - 16 months ago
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries...