Photometric Test Engineer, NC
We have been retained to identify a Photometric Test Engineer, located in North Carolina.
Our client, an industry titan, produces indoor and outdoor lighting products for industrial, residential, commercial, and institutional markets.
Institute of Standards and Technology National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program (NVLAP).
- Evaluating product performance in all technical areas for both internal feedback, during the development process, or during acquisition stage.
- Maintaining photometric test equipment including coordination of calibration and repair.
- Maintaining a photometric laboratory ISO 17025 approved quality system and obtain U.S. Department of Commerce National
The Test Engineer also has reponsibility for testing luminaire products to any of the following applicable IES standards:
- Working with National and International standard development bodies to support and promote HLI’s business interests. Working with these bodies to develop industry wide standards and methodologies for evaluating product performance to ensure test criteria are meaningful, practical, and repeatable and that Hubbell along with our customer’s interests are protected.
- Evaluating, recommending and helping bring on line or outsource test equipment and facilities to economically and expeditiously perform recommend product evaluation.
- Participating in photometric product design to develop new products meeting business objectives.
- Training photometric test technicians in photometric testing techniques and operations.
- IES LM-10 Photometric Testing of Outdoor Fluorescent Luminaires.
- IES LM-31 Photometric Testing of Roadway Luminares.
- IES LM-35 Photometric Testing of Floodlights.
- IES LM-41 Photometric Testing of Indoor Fluorescent Luminaires.
- IES LM-46 Photometric Testing of Indoor HID Luminaires.
- IES LM-78 Sphere Photometry.
- IES LM-79 Photometric Testing of Solid State Lighting Products
- B.S.E.E. Degree or B.S. in another engineering discipline or five years related experience in photometric testing of lighting products.
- Experience in electrical, mechanical, and photometric testing of luminaire products.
- Familiarity with basic electronic and electrical test equipment.
- Familiarity with industry standards (IES, NEMA, UL, CSA, NEC, and the CEC) associated and applicable to Luminaires.
- Knowledge of ISO 17025 Quality system.
- Familiarity with LabVIEW
- Familiarity with basic lean methodology for process management.
- Familiarity with and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Access).
- Familiarity with ITL Goniophotometers and WinITL software.
- Working knowledge of U.S. Department of Commerce National Institute of Standards and Technology National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program (NVLAP).
- Ability to work with Standard Development Bodies (IES, NEMA, UL, CSA, NFPA, FAA, ETL, IEEE, ANSI and FM) in developing standards for lighting products.
- Proficient in light mechanical assembly and fabrication.
- Ability to read and wire to schematics.
- Experience with SAP a plus
- Proficiency in use of Photometric Tool Box.
- Proficiency in the use of Photopia.
- Familiarity with basic or C++ programming.
We are Executive Recruiters, with a proprietary search methodology, dedicated to bringing people together in the Solid Sate Lighting / LED and Semiconductor Industry with services offered throughout the world.
We are most successful placing Key Individual Contributors, Manager, Director, Vice President and C –Level professionals within the Science, Engineering, Product Marketing, Sales and Business Development disciplines with Industry Titans to Leading Edge Start Ups.
Visit www.ESPprosearch.com for additional global opportunities that vary in scope, responsibility and location with the ability to apply online if desired.
Extend an invitation to connect on LinkedIn, follow us on Twitter @ESPprosearch or Like Us on Face Book to remain current on our latest opportunities.
Eric S. Pollack
786 573 9273 Office
305 519 3253 Mobile
ESPprosearch - 11 months ago
We are Executive Recruiters, with a proprietary search methodology, dedicated to bringing people together in the Solid Sate Lighting / LED a...