NTT DATA is seeking candidates to fill Unix/Linux System Administration responsibilities at one of our key clients. The person selected will be filling an ongoing need within a defined group charged with supporting the Unix/Linux operating environment of the enterprise. Members of this team provide services to the enterprise and also to various project and application support teams.
The individual chosen to fill this role will provide in-depth support for the UNIX and Linux Operating Systems Software. The individual will be responsible for the planning, consulting, technical analysis, design, testing, implementation and daily support for the operating systems maintained across the UNIX platforms within the Systems environment throughout the enterprise.
Top 5 skills for this role includes:
Key skills/responsibilities include:
- Experience with LINUX, VMware, Tomcat webserver, and shell scripting
- Experience and/or knowledge of Storage Area Networks
- Knowledge of x86 server architecture
- Experience with Logical Volume Manager (LVM) and Networked File Systems (NFS)
- Ability to create, review and update KIs and develop technical documentation
coordinates team activities as needed
- Builds new and/or modifies existing software to meet business and technical requirements
- Implements software solutions and resolves problems
- Provides support for problem and issue resolution and provides technical consultation
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of web development tools, processes, and technical architecture to perform daily activities
- Handles and resolves routine problems and moderately complex assignments, but may require assistance and guidance for more complex issues
- Develops knowledge of areas within Client Systems and how they relate to assigned area and each other
- Leads tactical work and contributes to strategic work (creating new or modifying existing applications/tools to meet technical specifications or business needs) and
- Works under general direction/guidance
- Experience with DNS and TCP/IP
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve complex hardware and operating system issues and perform incident and event trend analysis
- Ability to complete initial root cause analysis and recommend/develop automated solutions as needed.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals, DHCP, and DNS.
- Demonstrated ability to perform troubleshooting and develop solutions.
- Strong knowledge of Service Manager and a basic understanding of OVO monitoring.
- Familiar with router and switch hardware.
Solid technical, communication and organizational skills are critical for this position. Other critical competencies include:
The resource being requested will provide 2nd shift - coverage for support and maintenance of the Technical Platform. Hours are tentative for 3:00 PM to 11:30 PM Monday - Friday.
- Good problem resolution skills.
- Solid time management skills.
- Willingness to be held accountable for results.
- Ability to meet deadlines and goals.
- Strong customer service and results focus.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability and willingness to learn technical information.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Conceptual Thinking.
- Drive for Results.
- Information Seeking.
- Navigating the Organization.
- Self Confidence
Minimum 2 years experience:
Storage Area Network Support/Maintenance
Logical Volume Manager (LVM) and Networked File Systems
Minimum 3 years experience:
Linux, VMware, Tomcat Webserver and shell scripting experience
This is a full-time salaried position with a group company within NTT DATA. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors will NOT be considered. This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
About NTT DATA
NTT DATA is your Innovation Partner anywhere around the world. With business operations in more than 35 countries, we put emphasis on long-term commitment and combine global reach and local intimacy to provide premier professional services from consulting, system development, business process and IT outsourcing to cloud-based solutions.
to learn how our consultants, projects, managed services, and outsourcing engagements deliver value for a range of businesses and government agencies.
NTT DATA is your Innovation Partner anywhere around the world, with operations in more than 40 countries. The 6th largest global IT services...