Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Unity Hospital, located in Fridley, Minn. serves the northern metropolitan communities with a full continuum of care and services and is known for its expertise in bariatrics and obstetrical care. For more than 40 years, Unity has been dedicated to providing care to nearly 250,000 households in more than 26 neighboring communities. With 1,500 employees and 221 staffed beds, Unity provides inpatient and outpatient services to more than 107,000 patients each year. More than 635 affiliated specialists serve the patients of Unity Hospital.
- Works with colleagues to create a cohesive environment that supports patient care.
- Performs patient care tasks that support the unit standard of patient care, facilitates efficient unit operations.
- Tasks are delegated by the RN within the scope of practice.
- Requires autonomy within scope and initiative in a fast paced environment.
- High School graduate or GED equivalent.
- Current certification/registry as Nursing Assistant in MN
- Graduate of state approved nursing assistant program (These requirements may be met by completion of one-year clinical preparation in an RN program).
- Ability to establish effective relationships with healthcare team members.
- Ability to prioritize and organize tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated self-directedness and motivation.
- Customer service skills.
- Computer skills.
- Strong communication skills in reading, writing, verbal comprehension and clear verbal expression.
- Motivated to complete work that allows for high patient satisfaction.
- Knowledge in caring for young adult to geriatric population, ability work cohesively with a diverse workforce and patient population.
- Other skills preferred: glucometers, vital signs, I/O
- Medical Terminology Required
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Part time position (20 hours per week)
- Shift: Night (11-7:30am)
- Every other weekend
Fridley is known for a small-town atmosphere in the midst of a metro area. Fridley schools experience unusually strong enrollment by nonresidents who cite quality academics, good school climate, and personalized attention for each student, as their reasons for choosing the Fridley Schools.
Community Resource Links:
- Located 15 miles North of Minneapolis
- Population = 20,000
- Service Area = 600,350
Community Information School Digger
Explore Minnesota MN Dept of Education
Minneapolis St. Paul Magazine St. Paul Pioneer Press
Twin Cities Living Magazine Star Tribune
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees,...