L.L.Bean is currently looking for Technical Lead to join our IS Customer Satisfaction/Marketing team and be a lead technical person on a variety of projects developing new features for llbean.com and call center front end applications. The successful candidate will be someone who is a high energy, organized, process-oriented individual who enjoys working on a variety of projects in a fast-paced environment. They will be responsible for all technical aspects of a project and also have extensive business contact. This position will work closely with other project tech leads, architects, engineers, and management to ensure the smooth delivery of feature and infrastructure releases balancing business enhancements with risk and compliance.
- Lead complex, customer-facing projects
- Responsible for all technical components of a project.
- Intensive business contact shaping the project’s detailed deliverables, including:
- Estimate technical tasks and schedule.
- Develop and write high level design(s) with an emphasis on robust functionality and performance.
- Assign detailed design and coding work and facilitate reviews.
- Coordinate code reviews and ensure coding standards are followed.
- Supervise the development effort of multiple developers across multiple locations and time zones, including batch resources.
- Coordinate environment set-up: code releases, data loads, asset deployments, etc.
- Manage any technical issues that arise during development.
- Coordinate security review and ensure security standards are followed.
- Coordinate with QA to assign and resolve issues during testing.
Health and Safety Requirement:
Ensures compliance with the L.L.Bean comprehensive Health and Safety program by knowing and following all safety guidelines, policies, procedures and expectations. Takes immediate and appropriate action to rectify any unsafe conditions.
The successful candidate will have solid experience in the following technologies:
Education Level: BA/BS or equivalent
- Extensive experience with J2EE - including Java and JSP’s
- Extensive experience with SQL and AIX/Linux.
- Preferred experience with Swing
- Preferred experience with Eclipse platform and Websphere Application Server.
- Ability to translate technical solutions into business language, and interact effectively with our business partners.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Experience Level: 7 - 7+years
L.L.Bean offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), and a significant (25-40%) discount. For more details, please refer to the benefits section on our website at www.llbeancareers.com
We recognize the importance of diversity in creating a better world and a stronger organization. L.L.Bean is an equal opportunity employer.
With L.L. Bean, you can tame the great outdoors -- or just look as if you could. The outdoor apparel and gear maker mails more than 200...