The Wings on Words Preschool Program seeks two Instructional Aides to serve as teaching assistants of toddler-aged children.
Duties and Responsibilities
the Arizona Department of Health Services.
- Meet childcare licensing hiring requirements stipulated by
INSTRUCTIONAL AIDE will assist the teacher in the following duties:
- Maintain NAC accreditation standards.
- Train of parent volunteer and U of A students.
- Supervise children and in maintaining a safe, clean and
and in good repair.
- Conduct formal and informal assessments on children.
- Plan the daily and weekly lesson plan.
- Keep program materials and supplies organized, neat
utilize new knowledge learned at WOW.
- Follow all program policies and procedures.
- Maintain 1st Aid and CPR certification.
- Ensure that the toddler or preschool area is safe and clean at all times.
- Participate in professional development programs and
Arizona Board of Regents Minimum Qualifications
One year of instructional aide or related experience; OR any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
Additional Minimum Qualifications
program with toddlers or preschoolers or any equivalent
- AA in ECE, or a CDA or two years working in a center based
combination of experience, training and/or education.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.
Pre-employment Screening Requirements
- Bilingual in English/Spanish.
The University of Arizona conducts pre-employment screening for all positions, which includes a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and work history. In addition, a check of names and identification documents is conducted on all new employees to ensure they are legally authorized to work in the United States.
What kind of criminal background check is required for this position?
This position is security sensitive due to title or department and requires a finger-print criminal background check
Supplemental Pre-Employment Screening
Non-Faculty Academic and Instructional
University of Arizona - 9 months ago