State: California - City: San Jose - Denomination: Baptist -- American Baptist - Description: Senior Pastor - San Jose CA: Antioch Baptist Church, a congregation of approximately 250 active, committed believers, seeks a Senior Pastor who is eager and capable of leading the congregation to new expressions of active Christian ministry. We seek a pastor who will embrace the many demographic and cultural shifts taking place around us in this dynamic environment that is the center of the world’s technology industry. This area is the birthplace of the Silicon Valley.
This position is an excellent opportunity for a leader with a hunger to make a big difference and enthusiasm for innovation and trailblazing building. Our timeless mission as a Church and our strategic location not far from San Jose State University (and the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Library at San Jose State), the San Jose Civic Center and The Martin Luther King, Jr. Research and Education Institute at Stanford University combine to make Antioch Baptist Church the perfect setting for a bold, visionary Senior Pastor.
Our preferred candidate for Senior Pastor will have significant educational preparation, be experienced as a pastor or pastoral staff member and have documented accomplishments in organizational administration and management. Candidates with strong preaching, teaching and leadership development skills are ideal. It is essential that the Senior Pastor will live in close proximity to the Church (preferably in Santa Clara County) and work fulltime on-site.
The following qualifications are also essential:
The salary range for this position is $90,000 to $115,000 depending on the individual’s qualifications, experience and documented track record.
- Strong commitment to core Baptist beliefs, doctrines and practices.
- Ordained and in good standing as a professional church leader with the American Baptist Churches in the USA (will consider affiliation with other denominations that observe congregational governance).
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university (required)
- Master of Divinity Degree from a graduate theological school accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (preferred)
- Doctor of Ministry (highly desired)
- Three to Five years of full-time experience as a senior pastor or pastoral staff member
For a detailed job description and church profile, please submit a resume to the Antioch Baptist Church (ABC) Pastoral Search Committee at: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, August 23, 2013. You may submit by mail to:
ABC Church Pastoral Search Committee
Ann Nelson, Chair
P.O. Box 36307
San Jose, CA 95118
Applications will only be accepted at the website or P.O. Box listed above. Please do not send application data to any other location.
- 22 months ago - save job