DTI is seeking an Evidence Technician to work in a litigation support environment. The Evidence Technician is primarily responsible for performing technical and non-technical/administrative tasks related to the receipt, tracking, staging, and delivery of electronic evidence.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Evidence Receipt and Check in
- Receive various forms of electronic evidence from clients including CD/DVD's, hard drives and FTP deliveries.
- Create physical media for all electronic deliveries.
- Barcode media.
- Perform simple and complex data decryption (password protection, TrueCrypt, PGP, EnCase, etc).
- Transfer of data from media to designated network locations.
- Scan media and generate directory reports for Project Managers.
- File media in the evidence vault according to chain of custody standards.
- Data destruction and returns
- Supply Inventory Management - maintain the internal inventory of CD/DVD media, hard drives, labels etc.
- Mount hard drives for use by internal Data Services team.
- Pull Production hard drives and CD/DVD media and prep for shipment.
- Evidence Vault and Lab organization.
- Encrypted hard drive key management
- Other duties related to the handling of electronic evidence, as assigned.
- High degree of competence with MS Windows OS and MS Office Suite
- At least 1 year of professional experience with MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Prior e-discovery experience and familiarity with chain of custody standards and practices preferred.
- Commitment to delivering a high level of quality and customer service
- Exceptional organization skills, attention to detail, and an unwavering commitment to following established processes and procedures related to evidence handling and chain of custody.
- Able to thrive in a deadline-driven environment with rapidly changing priorities
- A team player with a solution-oriented attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
sologig - 5 months ago