Under immediate supervision, the Career Services Advisor is responsible for developing externship sites, monitoring student extern performance, and providing students and graduates with employment assistance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides one-on-one employment assistance to both students and graduates.
- Answers student and employer questions with regard to the externship, employment, and placement processes.
- Identify and develop viable extern site opportunities for students.
- Establishing and cultivating relationships with extern sites to encourage maximum potential for students to be offered employment upon completion of extern
- Track weekly extern attendance (time cards)
- Initiate communication with faculty if there are challenges while a student is on extern
- Ensures that the student is prepared to begin the job search process by assisting the faculty with helping the students in resume writing, interview techniques, phone skills, networking, and other job search processes.
- Provides assistance to students with career preparation concerns throughout their tenure at the College.
- Maintains accurate student, graduate and employment records and phone logs, as appropriate.
- Assists the Program Directors with preparing for campus advisory board activities and the Dean in preparing for graduation ceremonies.
- Assist graduates in securing education-related employment through assistance with interview techniques, resume assistance and critiquing and by providing job leads.
- Generate employer database through cold calling, mailing, and site visits.
- Establish a working relationship with existing and new companies.
- Responsible for weekly placements goals and 90 day employment verification.
- Meet with Program Directors on as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Career Services
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- Two to four years experience in job recruitment, sales, customer service or related fields.
- Experience in a department responsible for supporting employee needs, preferably career training or job placement, desirable required.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with others on a professional level using excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to guide and evaluate student progress in the career planning area.
- Strong PC skills with solid working knowledge o Microsoft Office suite and experience in internet job search techniques.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
DeVry, Inc. - 20 months ago
It isn't exactly Ivy League, but DeVry is in the big leagues of technical, health care, and business schools. The for-profit...