POSITION: Program Manager, West Coast
REPORTS TO: Director Operations Engineering or Operations Engineering Manager
LOCATION: Reports to Manchester, MI. May be located in an Amcor facility
Reporting to the Director of Operations Engineering or Operations Engineering Manager, this position will manage capital projects directly related to the manufacturing of PET preforms and rigid containers. Review new products from a manufacturing perspective; manage multiple projects at multiple sites from conception to qualification with overall responsibility for productivity, timing and budget. Support productivity and cost reduction projects within manufacturing locations.
· Create bills of materials for new capital projects and provide support for the capital appropriation process.
· Review plant infrastructure, equipment against project requirements. Develop and manage plans for upgrades and expansion requirements.
· Ensure that corporate safety and environmental requirements are incorporated into the project scope and budget.
· Upon approval, refine feasibility studies, with input from Regional Directors, Plant Managers and Plant resources, into a mutually acceptable action plan, which meets cost and timing criteria.
· Develop and manage project time lines. Manage project to completion using internal and external resources.
· Manage vendor quoting, selection and management relative to project requirements.
· Analyse and evaluate the performance, and cost of new, proposed or existing equipment. Includes evaluation of machinery, equipment, tooling, work flow, and vendors.
· Support productivity and cost reduction projects. Assist with the development and implementation of best practices.
· Communicate and resolve technical, timing and budgetary issues related to projects as they arise. Publish weekly project status reports outlining projects status and issues.
· Create and maintain division level technical specifications, standards and documentation for Operations Engineering department.
· Communicate with plants on a regular basis to understand long term project performance and support resolution of plant issues.
· Extensive domestic travel required.
Education and Experience Required
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in mechanical or electrical engineering.
· Strong interpersonal skills to communicate technical information and to complete project assignments.
· Strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills.
· Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Minimum of five years professional engineering experience in the plastics packaging industry, including three years of project management experience. Knowledge of plant layouts and infrastructure equipment.
· Experience with SPC.
Amcor - 13 months ago
Amcor Limited? Hardly. The package maker offers a near unlimited range of boxes, cartons, cans, flexible and film packaging, PET...