Location: Westford, MA
Job Code: 109007-02
UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world's largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. We design, manufacture and service systems and components and provide integrated solutions for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms. We are also a major supplier to international space programs.
In 2012, UTC Aerospace Systems was formed by combining two industry leaders, Hamilton Sundstrand and Goodrich, creating an organization with key positions on a wide range of aircraft flying today and substantial content on various UAVs, satellites and ground and naval vehicles.
The DB-110 team needs a senior embedded software engineer to take a software lead role on a new program. The position will provide technical oversight for a project team ranging from 3-7 people, support scheduling and status updates, participate in design, and write embedded software in C and C++ in a VxWorks environment. The position also requires hands-on work with the sensor, support for Integration and Test, and troubleshooting problems. This candidate will also support evolutionary enhancements to the Software Architecture of the DB110 system. Travel to flight test sites may be required.
B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science
Education B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Strong C/C++ development skills-
- Strong test and debugging skills at multiple levels (software, firmware, hardware)
- Strong and recent VxWorks development skills- Software team leadership
- Embedded software design skills
- Experience with the entire Software Life Cycle
- Ability to develop and improve System Architecture (software, firmware, hardware)
- CMMI experience is a plus- Experience with Linux in an embedded environment is a plus
- TCP/IP or serial communications experience is desired
- VxWorks and/or Linux device driver work is a plus- 10-20% travel is required
- U.S. Citizenship required-B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science
Yrs of experience 7-15 years
Industry experience Aerospace, Communications, Defense
CORBA experience a plus
U.S. Citizenship required
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
United Technologies - 23 months ago