• Builds and maintains relationships with retail customers in assigned territory.
• Manages Caterpillar Financial Western Sales Center inventory in Pasco and provides all necessary communication between Western States and Cat Financial regarding shipping, receiving, condition and pricing. (Pasco In-Store Sales Representative only.)
• Conducts proactive account stewardship on assigned accounts, establishing and utilizing PAR values in Sales Link.
• Uses Sales Link to document customer information, leads, activities, problems/issues, resolutions and sales transactions.
• Partners with Marketing, Product Support Sales Representative, Rental Field Representative, and Sales Representatives to identify interested and qualified customers.
• Contacts prospective customers to determine customer needs, present product information, and explain available services. Provides information brochures and other incentives to inform customers and influence buying decisions.
• Responds to the needs of walk-in customers.
• Follows up on telemarketing leads.
• Evaluates leads, effectively and efficiently, and determines whether to respond or pass the lead to other sales resources.
• Learns about Cat and competitive products in order to offer the best solutions based on customer interests and needs.
• Conducts at store demos.
• Partners with Sales Representatives to schedule and conduct off-site demos, as well as all other necessary field sales functions.
• Presents equipment and finance options and solutions.
• Quotes and closes sales transactions.
• Completes all required sales documentation including finance contracts.
• Follows sales processes and procedures.
• Partners with management to ensure marketing campaigns are directed at the right opportunities for retail customers.
• Operates equipment safely.
• Addresses customer issues and concerns while defining problem resolutions with appropriate departments throughout enterprise.
• Works safely at all times. Adheres to all applicable safety policies. Complies with all company policies, procedures and standards.
• May accomplish training and serve as a Green Belt in support of Western State’s Six Sigma program.
• Works within and promotes corporate vision, mission, and values of the organization.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing or equivalent work experience required. 1 year industry related experience and 1 year of retail sales or other sales experience required. Demonstrated experience and knowledge of sales skills necessary to sell a premium priced product. Ability to quickly identify problems, approach work from a solutions based focus, and develop creative solutions to complex issues. Proven competence in oral and written communication skills. Acceptable driving record and valid driver’s license required. Ability to travel overnight required.
Proficient in the use of Microsoft computer products or other comparable systems required. Performs all duties in alignment with Western States Equipment core values, mission and vision. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with others to include customers, vendors, employees and the public.
This position requires the ability to drive for long periods of time, along with sitting, standing, walking, climbing, pushing, pulling, stooping, leaning, and twisting.
Western States Equipment is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.
Western States Equipment - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard