Title: Helpdesk Technician - Senior - Tempe, AZ
Location: United States-Arizona-Tempe
Job Number: 12034558
Xerox Corporation is a $22 billion leading global enterprise for business process and document management. Through its broad portfolio of technology and services, Xerox provides the essential back-office support that clears the way for clients to focus on what they do best: their real business. Headquartered in Norwalk, Conn., Xerox provides leading-edge document technology, services, software and genuine Xerox supplies for graphic communication and office printing environments of any size. Xerox also offers extensive business process outsourcing and IT outsourcing services, including data processing, HR benefits management, finance support, and customer relationship management services for commercial and government organizations worldwide.
If you meet the requirements of this position and want to work for a world-class company with a great marketplace reputation, apply today.
The help desk specialist works on setup and trouble shooting of problems related to desktop/laptop issues of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. This position supports in the creation and maintenance of helpdesk support procedures and documentation.
· Handles desktop/laptop user support, new hire systems setups, and desktop/laptop software evaluations and upgrades
· Provides quick response and maximum uptime for all users
· Performs end-user training when necessary
· Installs and repairs microcomputer hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers and disk drives
· Assists in determining suitable software to meet user requirements
· Troubleshoots software and hardware failures and identifies network problems when they relate to personal computers
· Provides technical on-site maintenance and support for new and existing systems
· Handles any aspect of field support (not limited to system hardware and software, PCs, and IP networking) when needed
· Ensures that users have the most current vendor software patches installed on their desktop/laptop
Adheres to all Xerox and [CLIENT] security policies
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· At least two years of experience in a desktop/laptop support role
· Experience supporting 25 desktop/laptop end users
· Experience in a LAN environment
· Strong understanding of Windows operating systems
· Experience with all Microsoft Office products as well as troubleshooting experience and understanding of e-mail
· Excellent oral, written, and team communication skills
· Experience in the design, architecture, development/customization/configuration, and implementation of the initiative
Thetechnical support provides technical expertise and resolution to issues and problems which have escalated from the Customer Support Center.
Xerox Business Services, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox Business Services, LLC may request such accommodation(s) by calling 1-866-419-2226 or by sending an e-mail email@example.com.
Virtual/work from home?
Xerox Corporation - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Why build your career at Xerox?
Because every day you’ll work alongside people who are as passionate about new ideas, customer...