Greet, screen and direct visitors, clients and staff to the Center. Monitor security access to the building through SVDPC entrances via security cameras, pick-up cards, staff ID verification and visitor sign-in roster. Receive and direct incoming calls. Operate two-way radio, as needed. Announce emergency notices. Follow Center policies and procedures, as outlined in Front Desk / Security Manual. Provide general clerical support to program services, upon request.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Operate the Communications Center, including telephone, two-way radios and voicemail. Direct incoming calls, respond to general inquiries, relay messages and announce emergencies. Prioritize important messages.
2. Greet and direct clients and visitors. Maintain courtesy, respect and the confidential nature of services to clients. Monitor public access to all entrances to the building. Utilize cameras and access system to monitor all entrances to the Center. Verify clients’ pick-up cards. Check identification and register all visitors. Issue visitor badges and contact departments to escort visitors to appropriate destinations.
3. Refer any inquiries regarding children enrolled in childcare to Admin-Services or Section Supervisors.
4. Accept and record packages and deliveries; notify addressee of delivery.
5. Provide general clerical support for Front Desk, Center programs and Administrative Services, when needed.
6. Execute all Center policies and procedures regarding emergencies.
7. Acquaint any substitute Receptionist with the procedures to be followed at the front desk; particularly with the telephone system, paging system, door access system and life safety procedures/ announcements during real emergencies, evacuations or fire drills.
8. Maintain all Center vehicle keys, trip tickets and vehicle log.
9. Assist supervisor with daily event calendar and school age bus schedule calendar.
10. Maintain clear, concise, timely communication with all program and support staff. Relays appropriate, factual client information and messages to proper staff, maintaining confidentiality.
11. Act with integrity and aspire to model the core values of the St. Vincent de Paul Center’s mission statement in the delivery of all services.
12. Attend department meetings as assigned
Mandatory Job Qualifications
High School Graduate with basic Microsoft Office computer experience. Minimum of 2 years of experience in related a position.
Possess communication skills to be able to interact with a diverse client population. Must respect confidentiality requirements. Ability to coordinate details, organize procedures and prioritize. Must be reliable, prompt, and attentive in situations of multiple or simultaneous interruptions. Ability to facilitate communications using telephone systems.
Ability to read and speak English proficiently.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
2. Possess the ability to fulfill and any all office activities normally expected in an office setting, to include, but not limited to: remaining seated for periods of time to perform computer entry, participating in filing activity, lifting and carrying office supplies (paper reams, mail, etc.)
3. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20-25 pounds.
4. At times, may require more than 40 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position.
5. Fine hand manipulation (keyboarding).
6. Employee will remain sitting for 95% of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Internal office space.
2. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NPO.net - 7 months ago