Provide overall planning and management of chapter accounting and budgeting process, investments, purchasing, office management and contractual activities and information technology functions required to support the chapter and division offices. Participate as an active member of the chapter management team.
Tempoary up to 90 days.
• Manage daily accounting and operational activities and applicable support staff of the chapter.
• Participate in financial planning; prepare and monitor chapter, division and department budget.
• Ensure that the chapter’s financial records are current and accurate and that balance sheet accounts are reconciled.
• Prepare all financial records for yearly audit and manage audit process.
• Prepare financial reports, analysis and variance statements.
• Survey/analyze financial conditions to ensure maximum return on chapter investments. Work in concert with Finance Committee.
• Review and approve all proposed contracts and contractual obligations for the chapter.
• Provide management control over equipment and supplies.
• Recruit, hire, train and develop staff in areas of responsibility. May oversee temporary workers, outside contractors, vendors, and volunteer activities.
• Develop and maintain procedures regarding office administration.
• Perform or assist with cost analysis of events.
• Oversee and/or perform system administrator functions in adherence to March of Dimes (MOD) information technology standards including management of MOD-specific databases such as Chapter Walk Management System (CWMS) and Volunteer Donor and Event Management System (VDEM).
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field or equivalent.
• 3 – 5 years job related experience (5 – 7 years job related experience for medium and large chapters)
• Knowledge of accounting and accounting systems, such as JD Edwards, Peach Tree, and/or QuickBooks.
• Excellent working experience with word processing and spreadsheet applications (Microsoft Office preferred); Internet and e-mail, especially Microsoft Outlook.
• Supervisory management experience
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, problem solving, planning, implementation, organization, leadership, and team building skills.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Ability to lift, carry, and/or move boxes and/or equipment.
• Ability to use a printer, telephone, copier and fax machine.
• Must successfully complete a credit and criminal background check.
March of Dimes Foundation - 14 months ago
The March of Dimes Foundation has been lending a hand since 1938. Established by President Franklin Roosevelt to fight polio, the...