The Georgia Department of Driver Services is seeking qualified individuals for the position of CSC Assistant Manager to serve the Customer Service Center in the above location. Under limited supervision, the CSC Assistant Manager is responsible for the operation and maintenance of a Customer Service Center (CSC) or serves as an assistant supervisor in a high volume center. This position supervises the daily activities of a staff of Driver Examiners, monitors and reviews individual and team performance. This position also performs the duties of subordinate staff by receiving applications for and issuing Georgia Driver’s licenses; verifying applicants’ eligibility for licenses; administering and grading written examinations on traffic laws; administering road tests to rate applicants’ driving ability; and processing reinstatement transactions. This position is responsible for managing customer service flow using a lobby management system to ensure that customers are served in a timely and efficient manner. The CSC Assistant Manager monitors and guides employee performance, participates in employee discipline, and provides input into formal performance planning and evaluation. This position also prepares operational and accounting reports for the assigned center and uses these reports to monitor and improve the operations of the Center.
Minimum Training & Experience: •Four (4) years of experience in Driver Services Administration or a related field (e.g. retail, banking, call center, etc.).
Agency Specific Qualifications and/or Preferred Qualifications: Condition of Employment: A valid Georgia driver’s license is required and must be maintained while employed in this position. A comprehensive pre-employment background check is required for the selected candidate.
- Two (2) years experience in an Advanced Lead role or working in a team lead capacity.
- Must possess a driver’s License
As a condition of employment, employees who are employed at a Customer Service Center which conducts CDL (Commercial Driver’s License) road tests must successfully complete the CDL Examiner Certification. This certification consists of a knowledge (written) test and a classroom test portion. Employees will be given three (3) attempts to successfully complete the knowledge portion of the testing and two attempts to successfully complete the classroom portion of the certification. Employees must meet this requirement to continue employment with DDS. Upon successful completion of the CDL Examiner Certification, employees who are employed at a Customer Service Center (CSC) which conducts CDL road tests must maintain certification to remain at the CSC.
Preference will be given to those applicants who, in addition to meeting the minimum qualifications, have:
ALL APPLICANTS: PLEASE COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONNAIRE AND SUBMIT WITH YOUR APPLICATION/RESUME SUBMISSION.
- One (1) year of experience and proficiency in managing the flow of customer transaction processing. The processing of these customers may have been managed utilizing a queuing or paging system or by overseeing the allocation of resources through a checkout/cashier process.
- Six (6) months to one (1) year of experience in supervising the work of staff that provides direct services to the general public via phone, electronic message or face-to-face interactions to resolve customer concerns and offering alternatives to meet customer needs.
- Documented experience as a high performer working in a customer service environment where extensive knowledge of regulations and guidelines govern operations; providing prompt service via telephone or in person; and, resolving escalated technical and customer issues.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite Professional including Outlook and Internet Explorer.
1. What are the top three duties in the job you now have or in your most recent job?
2. What is the largest number of employees you have supervised and what were their job functions?
3. What prompted you to apply to our company?
4. Tell me about your experience in leading and managing in a customer service or public service role.
5. Tell me about a time when you had to say “no to a customer because it was against company policy.
6. What challenges do you foresee in this type of job and how would you overcome them?
7. Rate yourself in the following areas:
(1 being weak, 10 being strong)
Organization Skills: ___________
Interpersonal Skills: ___________
Creative Thinking: ___________
Technical Skills: ___________
Analytical Thinking: ___________
Time Management Skills: ___________
Additional Information: DO NOT CLICK THE APPLY BUTTON BELOW TO APPLY ONLINE. TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION ONLINE PLEASE CLICK THE FOLLOWING LINK, http://www.dds.ga.gov/DDS/EmploymentOpp.aspx, OR COPY AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR BROWSER WINDOW.
To apply for an announced job vacancy, applicants may submit a completed paper copy of the State of Georgia Application for Employment (Form MS 27-1) or a paper copy of the State of Georgia on-line Resume to the Office of Human Resources at the address below:
Department of Driver Services (DDS)
Office of Human Resources
2206 East View Parkway
P.O. Box 80447
Conyers, Georgia 30013
Submit a State of Georgia Application for Employment as an e-mail attachment. See the specific job posting(s) for the appropriate e-mail address for the electronic submission of application materials. Please include the job title in the subject line of the e-mail.
Application materials must be received in this office on the closing date. Please include the Job Title and Position Number on the submitted materials.
The State of Georgia On-line Resume may be created, updated, viewed and printed at:
The State Of Georgia On-line Resume should be submitted with all fields/areas of the on-line resume completed. In addition to the required fields, you must also complete the following fields for each job: your salary, the description of duties, number and type of positions you supervised, your supervisor’s name and contact information, and your reason for leaving. Use “Not Applicable to indicate those items that do not apply.
Application materials should be filled out carefully and completely. An incomplete application/on-line resume or an application/on-line resume with insufficient information may result in an applicant not being considered for a vacancy. Make certain applications/resumes are signed. IF SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION BY E-MAIL, PLEASE TYPE YOUR NAME IN THE SIGNATURE FIELD AT THE BOTTOM OF THE FIRST PAGE OF THE APPLICATION. UNSIGNED APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED. Describe your employment background in full. Resumes submitted without a paper copy or online copy of the State of Georgia Application for Employment may not be considered for the vacancy.
Applications/resumes will be screened for the training, experience, and/or competencies listed as the Minimum Qualifications for the job. Preference will be given to applicants who, in addition to meeting the minimum qualifications, possess one or more of the Preferred Qualifications.
DDS employees, in the event of an identified emergency, may be required as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the Department. In addition, in an emergency situation, they may be required to perform responsibilities that are not regularly assigned to them in order to continue the operations of the agency.
VACANCY OPEN TO: All Qualified Applicants
Submit Application Materials to: 39DDSRecruiter@dds.ga.gov
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
DO NOT CLICK THE APPLY BUTTON BELOW TO APPLY ONLINE. TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION ONLINE PLEASE CLICK THE FOLLOWING LINK, http://www.dds.ga.gov/DDS/EmploymentOpp.aspx, OR COPY AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR BROWSER WINDOW.
For more information about this job contact: *
- Note: This contact may be able to provide answers to specific questions you have about this job posting. However, DO NOT e-mail or submit your application/resume to this contact unless directed otherwise in the "Additional Information" section above.
- 2 years ago - save job