Are you a motivated Scientist who is dedicated solving challenging problems through Science in order to benefit society and foster a safe, healthy, and sustainable environment? If so then we need to talk.
MRIGlobal is one of the nation’s premier research organizations. Founded in 1944, MRIGlobal is an independent, not-for-profit organization that performs contract research and other services for clients in business, industry and government. The group is a leading provider of technical consulting services to government, the private sector, and academic clients worldwide that are focused on a broad range of laboratory technical consulting services, biological safety and security, training, facility assessments and international programs aimed at reducing threat of dangerous biological agents.
MRIGlobal is currently experiencing a period of exciting growth which is opening up a number of scientific opportunities. Located at our Rockville MD laboratory, we are looking for a Staff level scientist who is experienced in bioinformatics to join our team and play an important role in new discoveries. The selected scientist will have extensive experience in microbial genetics, genomics and/or bioinformatics as well as have knowledge of Unix OS and Linux command line and PERL script tools. Additional requirements and qualifications are listed below.
- BS in Microbial Genetics/Genomics, Bioinformatics, Molecular Biology or other related biological science with a minimum of 6 years of experience in microbial genetics, bioinformatics, comparative genomics, sequence analysis, expression profiling and/or database manipulation or MS in the same area with 3 to 6 years lab experience in the above fields or Ph.D majored in the same area with 0 to 3 years of experience.
- Demonstrated laboratory-based research experience in microbiology, genetics, molecular biology or cell biology.
- Effective knowledge and ability to navigate NCBI and related databases for both nucleic acids and proteins.
- Experience handling and analyzing next generation sequence data sets.
- Able to use command line Linux (Red Hat) and construct PERL scripts or similar code when needed to query, search or sort genomic data sets for a variety of applications to adjust to client needs.
- Able to use a variety of phylogenetic analysis software tools with which to compare and categorize microbial strains, isolates or communities.
- Must be familiar with analyzing and comparing data from one or more next generation sequence technologies.
If you meet the requirements and are interested in exploring a world of research in which your work is recognized and makes a difference then please submit your application.
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. In order to meet the government security investigation requirements, U.S. citizenship is a prerequisite.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA, E-Verify employer, M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background investigations.
Founded in 1944, our company has built a reputation for innovation, technical excellence, and problem solving.
Born out of the desire to...